Chapter 8 - An Interrogation Gone Awry

Amanda Seyfried as Samantha Starr

I grabbed Victoria's knife and carefully pried the plastic toxin-filled tooth away from his gums. From behind, Duke was covering his eyes with his hands. "Can you hurry up Henry? This is disgusting." Duke complained.

I smiled, "I'm doing my best." It's funny to see Duke whine about something as trivial as simple dentistry considering that he puts bullets into people's head. As I stuck my hand into my patient's mouth, I heard Duke gag. He muttered something before running back to the van where Eva, Samantha, and Shen was camping out. Ignoring him, I finished my part by safely removing out the venom-filled tooth.

"We're good." I informed the team while cleaning up.

Blake walked over to me and patted me on the back, "Nice."

Without a warning, he slammed his fist onto our victim's stomach. Our hostage jumped up from his deep sleep and growled. He tried to leap at us only to find himself confined to the metal chair. With no other way to escape, he clenched his mouth to release the poison but to his surprise, I already removed the tooth. "Who are you fuckers? What do you want?" He asked defiantly.

Victoria stepped forward and stared him down, "We'll be asking the questions here Mister..." Our leader took out the wallet that was found on our prey's pocket and opened it up, "... Mr. Stephan Jacques, who do you work for? What are your motives?"

Jacques smirked, "Fuck off bitch."

Blake snarled and punched our captive in the jaw so hard, I swore I heard something pop. Stephan Jacques winced but kept quiet. Blake, obviously annoyed, prepare to strike again but Victoria stopped him. "Blake!" She bellowed with authority.

Our techie froze and growled before crossing his arms and glaring at our prey. Victoria stepped forward and gently rested his arms on Jacques shoulder. My eyes widened in shock as she removed her face mask (we all were wearing our face masks to conceal our identity) revealing a sweet smile on her face.

I stood at the side uncertain of what Victoria was about to do next. I looked over to Blake who was flexing his jawline and based on his expression, he was confused as well. Our leader pressed her finger onto Jacques' chest and trailed downward. Her finger trailed all the way down to our prey's crotch when Victoria suddenly whipped out the gun from her belt and aimed it at Jacques' groin.

She cocked her gun and raised her eyebrows, "If you still value your reproductive glands, I suggest you start talking."

Jacques gulped as he realized the situation had gone bad again. Victoria glowered at the big guy, "I'm going to count to three. If you don't tell us something useful by then, I guarantee you that you won't be able to have any children in the future."

Beads of sweat began rolling down Jacques' cheek.

"One..." Dead silence.

"Two..." Victoria pressed her pistol against our prey's crotch.

"Three."

The trigger was pulled halfway when Jacques cracked, "Wait! Stop! I'll talk!"

Victoria raised one of her eye brows, "Start talking."

The fear in Jacques' eyes told me what he was about to say was no joke.

"Halcyon City!"

I froze. Halcyon City?

"You'll find him there!"

"Find who?!" Victoria bellowed.

"I- I can't! He'll kill me!" Victoria shot Jacques in his left thigh, "Aghh! Fuck!"