Chapter 18 - Just Like College

Channing Tatum as Duke Hunter

The house was dimly lit by the time Duke and I pulled up the driveway. Before we could forget, Duke took the guy out from the trunk and tied him up, throwing him in the garage.

"Shen better have baked brownies, cause I'm as hungry!" Duke shouted with adrenaline.

I laughed and patted his back, "We'll see big guy."

Before I could knock, the door swung open and out came Samantha. "Oh, thank god you two are alive!"

She gave each of us a hug; Duke got a longer lasting and more affectionate one, no fair...

"They back?!"

"Yes Blake. They're back." Almost at the same time, everyone in the team, including Lilly, came out to greet us.

"Henry!" Lilly shouted engulfing me with a hug.

Hugging her back, I smiled, "Hey."

We parted and I looked at Eva.

The analyst smiled and gave me a light punch, "Not dead yet eh?"

I smiled and hugged her, "Nice to see you too. How's the wounds?"

"If you're fine, I'm fine." Eva grinned, "But hey, glad to see you alive."

I nudged her, "You too.."

Victoria entered in with Shen, who was situated on a wheelchair. "Shen! My man! Where's my brownies?!" Duke shouted giving the Legend a bro fist. Duke acknowledged Victoria with a hug.

"No brownies. We ate them all."

"What?! But I'm hungry!"

"There are cup noodles in the cupboard if you want any..."

"I'll take that!"

I walked up to Victoria and hugged her as well, "How's the injuries?"

Victoria smiled, "Not too bad, thanks. Good to see you back."

I nodded and turned to Shen, "Hey dude, how's the leg?"

"I'll be fine." Shen smiled.

Once everything was settled, we got straight to business. "I'm assuming you didn't get Vikrum?" Blake asked.

I shook my head trying to ignore Duke, who was loudly slurping his noodles, "No, Vikrum set us up. After we fought our way to the twelfth floor, we couldn't see anyone in the room. The only thing waiting was a bomb. Luckily, we got away." Blake nodded. "How about you guys? Any progress on the case?" I asked.

"I'm still trying to crack it, this lock is military grade stuff I tell you."

"And the battle at the intersection?" Duke asked finishing his noodles.

"Things got messy, but apparently, a whole army of Vikrum's crooks are locked up behind the bars. The police did their duty."

Then, Duke shot me a look. Confused at first, he suddenly mouthed the word: video. Instantly, I knew where he was getting at. Tommy. I signaled it wasn't time yet but Duke ignored me.

"Before we continue," Duke began, his tone was icy, "I think Henry wants to share something with us."

All eyes turned in my direction. Desperately trying to avoid the confrontation, I laughed nervously, "Hunter, I think you've had one too many drinks."

"The man in the video, he knew your name." Duke stated flatly, "Care to explain?"

Should I tell them yet? There wasn't really an option, Duke had cornered me and had sparked everyone's interest. I sighed; we've come this far already, might as well just tell them. I got up and pulled out a picture of Vikrum from Blake's laptop. Zooming into Tommy's face, I showed everyone.