Eunoia

Eunoia-Beautiful Thinking

"(Y/n)?"..."(Y/N)!" Your best friend Jess shouted snapping you out of your eternal thoughts.

"Oh,yeah sorry...i'm really gonna miss you," You sigh as she pulled you into a warm embrace while the familiar texture of her sweater tickled your cheek.

Today was the day your best friend left to go live with her Mom in Washington. She had gotten into a huge art school where she could study photography, it was a huge dream of hers since you were kids. You were happy for her but you couldn't help but feel sad as she was the only person who really understood you in this whole town, everyone else thought of you as some kind of delinquent thanks to your family. The sheer thought of her not even being in the same state as you made your heart ache.

You tried to hold in the tears as she mumbled, "What are you going to do with out me (y/n)?But its not forever, we'll face time everyday, text, call." You simply nod into her shoulder as she stroked your (h/c) hair, you never wanted her to let go in this moment of pure emotion. You had been friends for as long as you could remember, you couldn't even afford to go to college and move on yourself. She pulled away from you flashing you one of her all too familiar smiles before hopping into her small car.

As soon as she was seated she rolled down her window slowly,"If anything happens...with your brother and all.." She looked over your face as her glossy eyes softened.

"I'll be fine Jess." You smile sadly as she simply nodded, you exchanged one last smile before she rolled up her window and drove away. You watched as her facial expression spoke for her, you knew she always hated goodbyes. You waved sadly as her headlights became dimmer and dimmer the further they went.

You felt vulnerable, she was always the one to stand up for you and now here you were left alone in the now dark and empty streets watching your only friend drive away from you . You simply stared down the street clutching your sweater hard as your tears finally spilled and rolled down your rosy cheeks.

The cold air circling your form seemed to come to a standstill all of sudden as you hear rustling coming from the nearest alleyway, you ignored it too focused on your friends parting at first.

Once you realized the noise wasn't stopping your instincts kicked in, your head uncontrollably moved to look at the cause of the sound. Your eyes eventually met a pair of two blood red orbs boring into your form. The blood seemed to leave your face, your pink cheeks turning transparent while your stomach turned.

After a few seconds of staring you could only muster up the strength to breathe, 'What the...' Yet by the time you blinked you no longer saw the demonic eyes staring back at you, once again leaving you alone. You simply entitled the encounter as a hallucination, after all you were dehydrated, hungry and drowsy.

Another few minuets of aimless thinking passed before you finally decided to mount your motorcycle and drive to your so called 'home'.

Your family life was..complicated, you lived with your older brother Xavier in his run down apartment located on the rough side of town. He'd always tell you that the only way you could stay with him was if you acted as his source of income, you hated it but there were no other options available. You didn't know any other family members, when your mother passed away 10 years ago you lost all contact with her side of the family and your father was a complete mystery. He just got up and left 2 years ago and never spoke of his relatives. Xavier was all you had.

You almost fell through the run down entrance of the apartment when you heard your tormentors rough voice.

"Where the f*ck were you?" Your older brother mumbled as he held a cigarette in his mouth. His white vest now a light yellow and white hair swept to the side made you feel sick. He played with his piercings, shooting you a sour glare.