Onism

Onism-the awareness of how little of the world you'll experience.

Your (e/c) eyes fluttered open delicately as you watched the tiny specs of dust dance around the bright light boring into your vision. Nothing was really on your mind in this moment it felt almost like heaven.

After a few minuets of staring at the way the thin white curtains blew gracefully in the light breeze you decided to sit up and take in your surroundings. You lightly stretched your arms and looked around the room you retired in while clicking your tongue in a tired state.

This is the room i was in before, you thought realising you never got the chance to inspect it. The first thing that crossed your mind was the angelic theme of the room, everything was strictly either white, cream or a light shade of grey with the exception of the walls which were painted a deep grayish blue with white detailing. The white wooden floor made the detailing on the walls jump out at you and a square white fluffy carpet seemed to camouflage perfectly in with the floor. Two floor-to-ceiling windows covered two thirds of the wall to your left letting in angelic beams of light. Your eyes then shifted to the comfortable piece of furniture you were currently sat on. It was a large queen sized bed that had four posts with light pieces of material forming as curtains surrounding the bed. The bedding was made up of white and light grey patterns that contrasted well with one another. The rest of the room was coated in cream furnishings with the odd vase here and there.

You looked around in amazement and felt almost unworthy to be sleeping in the room. You decided to get up and pull the almost pathetically thin curtains apart revealing the outside world. You looked out into the mysterious woods admiring the way the light seeped through the tree branches.

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Three faint knocks filled your ears, it took a while for it to process in your head but soon reality dawned on you. Your now cold toes curled into the soft carpet below your feet. 'Oh my god.' Was all you could think as you just stared at the door, being completely still and hoping they would leave.

After what you saw last night you had no idea what to believe, you began questioning your whole life. How could that be real. Werewolves only exist in the stories...or so you thought.

Your line of thought was interrupted by a small voice,"(Y/n) are you awake?" Lydia. You were too afraid to answer her, what did these people want? To eat you or something? After a few seconds of silence the door began to open very slowly causing your heart to skip a beat. Soon your eyes met with a pair of familiar bright blue ones.

"Oh so you are awake." She scolded jokingly, you just stared unsure whether to run or cry maybe beg for mercy? She hummed at your expression and skipped up to you placing an arm around you warmly and guiding you back to the bed.

"I'm guessing by your expression you think i'm going to eat you." She laughed weakly, almost sadly as she scanned your expression. Soon you were both sat on the bed cross legged. She seemed as though she didn't want to harm you so you decided to relax for the time being.

"Hey-" She felt your forehead making you jump slightly at the contact, "you're burning up... here let me help you out," She raised her hand slightly and a cold gush of wind began hitting your face causing you to jump backwards in surprise. 'D-did she do that' you thought. You continued staring at her this time looking even more confused.

She laughed at your expression lightly before stating to herself, "Wow you really didn't get far in the conversation with Jungkook, huh?" She seemed to look at you more understandingly now.

"All i know is that i'm surrounded by wolf human people who shouldn't exist and i seriously think i'm dead right now." You say looking around as you spoke. She chuckled at your reaction before turning into a more serious tone.

"Listen if you promise to let me talk, not freak out or run away and at least try and be open minded i can help explain everything simply for you." You scanned her face and decided to at least listen to what she had to say. You nodded carefully not taking your eyes from hers.

"Alright so..heh- where do i begin.." She started "Okay so we're one of many wolf packs across the world, yes you've been living among werewolves your whole life." She paused making sure you were paying attention causing you to send her a look to continue her explanation.

She continued, "We live almost in the same way as humans, we have family, friends, hobbies, interests. But we also live like wolves to some extent, hunting, pack roles, wolf forms, allies, enemies..We're the perfect mix, and yes like those teen books you've probably read when you were younger...heh ever wonder where they get their ideas from?" She laughed slightly making sure you understood, you just sat there completely engaged with her explanations.

"Our pack name is Bangtan and everyone who lives in this household is a part of the pack, you'll probably meet them all later...and everything works how you'd expect really..." She clapped her hands together pleased with her explanation.

"Is that al-" You started. Only to be cut off by her quickly.

"Oh i almost forgot! As with a normal wolf pack you have roles among the pack," She cleared her throat quickly before continuing "Ya know Alpha, Beta, Delta, Omega yada yada."

She took a playful bow while trying to catch her breath. You laughed slightly unsure how to react to the situation...any normal person wouldn't know how to react to this, right?

After a million thoughts and questions ran through your head you decided to let go and just see how the situation played out. This girl honestly seemed sweet and trustworthy.

"Um well whats your role in the... 'pack'" You question carefully. Her eyes lit up at your question and she smiled warmly at you, her blue eyes filled with joy.

"Well my good o'l trusty human friend i'm a-" She started happily patting your exposed leg.

"Shes a delta," a familiar deep voice spoke from the doorway. "Sorry i didn't get a chance to introduce myself (y/n) i'm Taehyung, but you can call me Tae~" He spoke cheerfully and waved while walking forward to sit next to Lydia.

"Oh um hello" You greeted trying to smile back at him. He put his arm lazily around Lydia and started looking between you both.

"Are you two together?" You ask yawning slightly wanting to make conversation and feeling more comfortable with the couple.

Lydia smiled, "Yeah we've been together for a few years now." She said gazing into his eyes. You couldn't help but feel like a third wheel, although you could tell they were deeply in love which made you feel happy for them.

"Oh i almost forgot to ask..how did you do that weird air thing..." You ask unsure of how to word it. She tore her eyes away from Taehyung's dark orbs. You sounded crazy.

"Oh right yes! Some wolves have gifts which i guess you could call a super power hehe whether its a mental gift or an elemental gift, you get the picture." She informed before flicking her wrist slightly causing a gust of wind to blow around you in a circular motion.

"Amazing.." You breathe watching your hair rise up to point towards the ceiling.

"Yeah she is." Taehyung smiled admiring his girlfriends skill.

Lydia looked at you sweetly as Taehyung took his leave happily. Once he turned the corner Lydia leaned forward giving you an innocent hug slightly shocking you.

"By the way you have no bra on." She whispered playfully into your ear causing you to cover your chest, your face heating up in no time at all.

"W-What-" You question shyly as she got up from the bed and began to exit the room.

"Don't worry Tae wouldn't have noticed and i lent you some new clothes to wear, meet you outside!" She pointed at the wardrobe as she spoke, then began skipping out with a playful smile on her face.

"Oh my gosh..." You moaned in complete embarrassment getting a smirk from Lydia. Were you getting too comfortable around these creatures?

You fell backwards from your current position before brushing off your embarrassment and getting out off the bed to get changed. What more can i do than see what happens, but why were they showing me all this?