Eccedentesiast

Eccedentesiast- Someone who hides pain behind a smile

You had spent what seemed like hours thinking and sobbing about Hobi and the whole packs loss and how it was dealt with while being curled up tightly in your covers. You were so upset and confused purely because you cared for Hobi and would never want to see him sad, but apparently you'd never even seen him happy.

"(Y/n)..?" A familiar voice whispered catching you off guard, you poked your head over the sheets to see a blurry Jungkook stood by the window looking at you in concern. You blinked to improve your vision that was clouded by fresh and dry tears.

"The door is shut for a reason Jungkook.." You sigh turning away from him and staring aimlessly at the door.

"That's why i came from the window," He smirked in an attempt to brighten your mood, you had no reaction to give him so you simply lay there.

You heard footsteps come toward the bed before you felt the mattress sink. You look up to see an awkward Jungkook.

"Wh-whats..up?" He wondered unnaturally clearly inexperienced in this kind of situation. You were about to give him more silent treatment but decided to give him the light of day. You sat up groggily and looked at him deeply through your (e/c) eyes.

"Why did you decide to forget about her Jungkook?" You ask in a sad tone, you hated death but knew when you died you wanted to leave a legacy, the thought of being completely forgotten horrified you.

He turned to you with now saddened eyes, "You heard about Willow..huh?" He asked in a quiet voice. You diverted your eyes to your lap and nodded silently. He shuffled up the bed so he was sat beside you, making you feel slightly on edge.

He sighed once again deeply, "It's... a difficult situation," He confessed rubbing the back of his neck. You turned and looked at him watching the way he clenched his jaw as he thought deeply.

"Willow..she'll never be forgotten but i'd never dealt with the death of someone who had a mate." He remembered, "so the pack decided it would be best not to talk about her..for Hobi's sake." You looked at his black shirt as you furrowed your brows.

"How would that make him feel better?" You asked not agreeing with his grieving method. You felt a hand wrap around yours roughly making you look up at Jungkook in surprise.

"Yes, it would, if we talked about her again and again Hobi would miss everything about her, her smell, her touch, her presence, her smile until it'd finally tip him over the edge" He retorted staring deep into your eyes, his dark eyes analyzing every inch of your face as his grip on your wrist got tighter. You tried to pull your hand away as it began to get pins and needles, you looked up at Jungkook who's chocolate eyes began to get a scarlet tint.

"Jungkook," You breath trying to rip your hand from his grasp. He seemed to blink hard as the blood in his orbs seemed to wash away before he silently got up swiftly and jumped out of the window without looking back. You sat in confusion for a few minuets before finally deciding what Jungkook had said made sense, you slowly buried yourself further into the covers before finally drifting into a deep sleep.

~

The next morning had gone by quickly, you spent most of it cooking with Maliya and the rest helping Namjoon and Jin with some work. You were walking down the perfectly polished corridor when you saw a bright Hobi hopping toward you from the other end. You felt your heart sink remembering that perfect smile was nothing but lies.

"Hello (y/n)," He greeted in a lower tone than usual. You nodded to him smiling falsely as you had to stop yourself from embracing him in your arms and telling him everything was going to be okay.

He seemed to sigh deeply, "I want you to meet her." He proposed in a serious tone. You looked at him in confusion while adjusting your sweater.

"I could hear you and Lydia last night," He reassured, you looked to his hand to see a bouquet of bluebells, for Willow you assumed.

"...I'm sorry Hobi.." You apologized trying to hold back the tears you wanted to cry for the broken man. He put a hand on your shoulder comfortingly smiling sadly at you.

"It's okay, it makes me happy how much you care for her...even though you've never even met, but please come see her with me." He sighed looking into your (e/c) eyes deeply. You nodded your head afraid if you'd responded vocally you'd brake down. He slowly linked arms with you before leading you down the long hallway.

~

You and a now genuine Hobi had been walking through the forest in a direction you'd never gone down before. Hobi would occasionally make conversation but he spent most of his time staring at the flowers he cradled in one arm. Suddenly he seemed to jog forward in front of you before your body broke out of the trees and into a heavenly meadow filled with bluebells and other exotic flowers you stood in awe as light seemed to brake through the clouds perfectly shining in patches all over the meadow.

"It's beautiful.." You breathe in amazement. Hobi spun around and smiled at you continuing to jog toward the center of the field. When he finally stopped you made your way over stepping on the beautiful flowers that had no path between them. When you finally met along side Hobi you looked down to see a stone plaque buried in the ground.

Here lies Willow Black.

You stared at the plaque in respect as Hobi lent down and placed the flowers on top of the stone.

"This was our meadow, a place only we could find." Hobi whispered whilst continuing to stare at the stone, you looked around at the meadow your heart beating fast thinking about all the memories they must've had here.

"It happened 3 years ago." He continued not taking his eyes off the plaque. Your face softened as you listened to every word he had to say, a red leaf fell on your shoulder lightly. You picked the leaf from your shoulder and let lt fly gracefully through the soft breeze.

"Her fiery hair was enough to make my heart skip a beat, let alone her beautiful brown eyes." He rambled, "I still can't believe she passed her illness onto-" He cut himself off before the whole meadow grew silent and all that filled it were Hobi's sobs. You would've asked him to continue but instead decided to reach down and comfort the more than grieving man embracing his warm body.

Perhaps these people weren't as perfect as you thought.