Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Chapter 5.
This chapter is just a filler and pretty short. Hope you are all enjoying this fic. I love it when people comment as it encourages me to write, so if you have any ideas or things that you would like to see then let me know xx

It was a nice sunny day in Rochdale and the sun was streaming through the window waking Sophie up. Once Sophie was fully awake she remembered where she was and what today was. Today was the day that she would have her appendix removed. She was feeling a little scared and nervous. Sophie was still deep in thought. When she noticed that it was not just her in the room anymore. Her mum and dad had arrived. So they talked about what Sophie wanted to do when she got home and in the summer holidays. This took Sophie's mind of the operation.

However, all too soon for Sophie's likening, the doctors were there to take her down to theatre. Rachel and Eddie held her hand all the way there. While the anaesthetist was giving Sophie the general anaesthetic, she said count down from ten Sophie then the next thing you will know you will have woken up and it will all be over.

When Sophie was asleep Rachel and Eddie kissed Sophie on the forehead and left the theatre. The surgeon said that she would come and tell them when the operation was over and how it went.

Rachel's Pov:
I hate everything about hospitals. I always have. My baby girl is in there being cut open and I can't help her and I hate that. To top it all off the hospitals cold plastic chairs are really uncomfortable and their coffee tasted horrible. I stare at the clock on the white pale walls. It looks like the hands on the clock are going backwards. However this might be due to the fact that I have been staring at it for the last hour 40 minutes. I have never been a patient person. I always want things to happen there and then. Thank god my thoughts were interrupted by Eddie calling my name to tell me that the operation was over and the surgeon wanted to talk to us before we went and saw Sophie.

Eddie's Pov:
Rachel was sat beside me on these uncomfortable blue plastic hospital chairs. She would not take her eyes of the clock. She had been staring at it all the time that Sophie had been in there. Whereas I had been staring at this very 'interesting' mark on the floor. I stood up to stretch my legs and started pacing the corridor.

"Eddie please sit down it is not going to make time go any faster." Rachel said sounding stressed and upset.

"Says you who have been staring at the clock since we came out of there." Eddie replied harshly

I regretted what I said the minute it came out of my mouth. I knew that Rachel could not help staring at the clock. She is not the most patient person in the world when it comes to waiting. That is one of the many reasons that I love her. So I quickly apologised to her and she said not to worry about it. I can see why is getting sick of waiting I am to and I am not even Sophie's father even though I see her as my own daughter and she has started calling me dad which still brings a tear to my eye every time she says it. I then see the surgeon coming out of the theatre. So I called Rachel who is still in her own little world staring at the clock. To tell her that the operation was over and that Mr Leevy wanted to talk to us before we went and saw Sophie.

"Miss Mason, Mr Lawson the operation went really well. I am glad we removed Sophie's appendix when we did, because it would not have been to long before it burst. However the operation went really well and Sophie will probably have to stay in hospital for about a week. Then she must not go to School for a week after being discharged from hospital. When she does go back to school she must take it easy and not over work herself. Have you got any questions before I take you to see her?"

"Will she be able to do PE and Drama at school because she really likes both those subjects."

"I would say about a month as long as she takes it easy and does not over do it."

"Can we see her now please?" Eddie asked

"Cause I will take you up there now however I must warn you that the anaesthetic will not have worn off yet so she will still be tired and sleepy."