Chapter 6

Rachel and Eddie entered the ward and walked over to Sophie's bed. She looked so small and venerable in that hospital bed.

"How you feeling darling?" Rachel asked

"Ok I guess a little tired though. How are you guys." Sophie replied sleepily

"You will be sweetheart the anaesthetic has not quite worn off yet. Stop worrying about us and try and get some sleep. You're just like your mother worrying about everyone else but yourself. All we care about at the moment is you." Eddie said sternly.

Sophie then drifted off to sleep.

A few hours later Rachel gently woke Sophie up."Sophie honey you have visitors."

"Umm what mum?" Sophie asked sleepily as she woke up

Sophie opened her eyes and looked round the room and there was Izzie, tom, Chlo, Mika, her mum and dad.

"Sweetie this is for you it's just a little present from Tom, Me Chlo and Mika to say get well soon." Izzie said as she handed Sophie a card and a teddy that said get well soon.

"Thank you that's really kind of you." Sophie replied quietly, because she could not quiet talk probably because she was still groggy and sleepy from the anaesthetic

"Schools not the same without you its quiet." Chlo told Sophie cheekily. This resulted in Chlo getting hit playfully around the head by Sophie. Sophie then winced in pain as she did this.

A couple of hours later and it was time for Izzie, t, Chlo, Mika to leave,as visiting hours were over. So they all said goodbye to Sophie and hoped that she would get better soon.

A week later Sophie was still I hospital and was getting board and could not wait to be allowed home. Just like Rachel Sophie hated hospitals.
AdAlso Rachel and Eddie were not at the hospital yet, because they both had to go into school then one of them would go at lunch then the other would go at lunch and any free time they had would be spent with Sophie. Then they would both come back after school. This is what it had been like for the last week. So at this moment in time Sophie had nobody to talk to. So it had just gone 9. So this meant that Eddie would not be here for another hour at least.

Sophie was reading book trying to pass the time before her dad arrived when she saw a female doctor with short brunette hair walking over to her

"Hi Sophie right I'm Ms Campbell, Dr Leevy not in today, so I will be looking after you today. How are you today your mum and dad not here yet then?" Ms Campbell asked softly

"Fine thanks you. No there not here yet my dad should be coming in about an hour, because they both had to go the school first."

"Oh ok can I examine you so that I can check your progress and all being well then you should be able to go home later this afternoon."

"Yeah cause do you want me to lift my top up or not."

"If you wouldn't mind only so I can see how the wound is healing."

Sophie pulled her top up so that Ms Campbell could have a look at the wound

"Well it all seems to be healing nicely so you can go home later today. I will go and get a nurse to take your IV lines ok"

"Yeah and thank you for everything you have done."

About 5 minutes later nurse Lane came in to take Sophie's IV lines out. Once they had all been taken out and the nurse had left. Sophie got dressed slowly, because her right side was still a bit sore. Once she was dressed she slowly packed her bags remembering to put all the cards and presents she had got off various people.

She was just finishing packing when Eddie entered the room.

"Hay Soph sorry your mum could not come as well school is just a bit hectic today, but she said that she will try and get over at lunch." What you doing out of bed and packing all your bags and why have you not got your IV lines in anymore?" Eddie asked confused

"Actually dad tell mum that she will not need to come over at lunch, because they said I can go home later today." Sophie replied to a still confused Eddie.

"Oh that's great news Sophie." Eddie said excitedly and pick Sophie up and spun her round like a little kid.

"Ow dad you're hurting me"

"Oh yeah sorry sweetheart. I will just go and ring your mum and tell her the good news."

15 minutes later Rachel arrives at the hospital and goes up to Sophie's Room Where they doctors are signing discharge forms that Sophie has to sign as well, because she is now that is all done they all go home, because both Rachel and Eddie have told Tom and Kim to look after the school so they can both be with Sophie for the rest of the day.