I Love You More.

Comment goal: 15

"Oh my god, what happened to your eye?" Zayn rushed over to Nayeli's side, taking off her ray bans sunglasses.

"Nothing."

"It's not nothing. My office, now." Zayn grabbed her wrists, which were still sore.

She winced, pulling her wrists out of his hands.

She touched it softly, still hurt by the wounds her dad imprinted on her.

"Nash explain. Please. I just want to help you. Let me help you." Zayn said from behind his desk, dark eyes burning into Nash's brown ones.

Flashback to yesterday
"You're a disgrace to the family name!"

Slap.

"I don't know what I did to deserve this-this punishment. A disobedient, stupid daughter!"

Slap.

Each slap was louder then the last.

"I'm sorry daddy." She quivers, eyes burning with tears. "I'll do better, I-I promise."

"Shut up." He spat, slamming her delicate body against the golden colored walls.

"D-dad what are you doing?" Grayson's voice gradually got louder.

Nash was on the floor, crying and shaking violently.

Clutching onto her arms which were almost as red as her tear filled eyes.

"Nothing, son." Mr. D'Martinez's eyes were a gray color.

A lifeless color.

Nayeli only saw the light in his eyes when he was with her mother or brother.

Why never me? She asked herself, who took the life out of his eyes? Was it a bigger monster then him, or was it me? Or, maybe, I'm the monster..

"If you ever hit her again....I'll call the police."

"You wouldn't dare." Mr. D'Martinez threatened.

Although he was angry, there was still a light in his eyes.

Almost as if he were proud of his son's act of defiance.

"If you think I wouldn't protect my baby sister, then you don't know me at all." Grayson said sternly.

"El? Are you alright?" Grayson said, sitting down beside her.

He engulfed her body in his, kissing her forehead softly.

"I love you." Nash said in between hiccups.

"I love you more."
End of yesterday's flashback.

"What are you doing, Zayn?"

"Calling child services, thats child abuse!"

"No! Zayn, don't."

"I signed a contract, I promised if I saw any signs of neglect, abuse, or parental misconduct I would to report it."

"Zayn please don't. He's going to kill me for telling." She begins to sob, hot tears streaming down her face easily.

"He's not going to lay a hand on you. I promise." Zayn said, softly, glancing down at her lips.

Her face was in between his big hands, their eyes interlocked solemnly.

Nash leaned in softly, their lips barely brushing one another.

Their lips were centimeters apart.

One movement and they would kiss.

"I believe you."

And she did believe him.

She really did.

Maybe it was the accent and his slow pace; they made everything he said sound sincere.

If only he knew the damage he was doing when he called later child services later that night.