Alien.

"T-twin? Ex..oh my god Gray ew! You've-ugh that's gross I can't even. You've seen me nake-oh my god."

"Nash stressing isn't good for your baby.." Emma spoke quietly, looking at the floor in shame.

She was ashamed of her family, who kept one twin and abandoning the other.

Nash welcomed them into her fully furnished home, allowing them to sit in her living room.

Nash watched with bewildered eyes as her twin drank the hot chocolate she prepared.

She had so many questions, but she didn't know how to ask or what to say.

"Were you adopted too?"

"No.." Emma mumbles, tugging on the ends of her sweater.

She was simple and modest in clothing, black skinny jeans and an ivory colored sweater.

Unlike Nash, she styled her hair curly and short.

It was the same face, just different clothing, hair, personas, and, above all, two different stories.

Both tragic in their own way.

"Why not?"

"I wasn't put in the foster system..only you were." Emma said nervously, not sure of how Nash would react.

"How did you find Grayson?"

"Um therapy sessions..I-I have a..its better if I just show you." Emma said, rolling up her skinny jeans to reveal a prosthetic leg.

Nash's face soften and guilt formed inside her. 

"How?"

"I was born without a leg, and we-our parents-they aren't in a good financial situation. They knew they couldn't support us both properly, so they decided to put you in a better place."

"That's.... Where are they?"

"Daddy died and mom's sick..she's being taken cared of in her country."

"Why isn't she here?"

"She was deported." Emma said, looking at the floor nervously.

"Dad saw Emma and I..he caught us doing something last year. And he's been holding that over my head. I knew I couldn't explain properly without telling you. That's why he put our bedrooms in separate ends of the house."

"You-you knew this whole time?"

"Yes, Nash. But I couldn't tell you, it wasn't my place."

"Of course it was! And you're..that's gross Gray. You fucked my sister who looks just like me."

"Nash it's different-" Emma started.

"No it's not. It's gross. I would never fuck Grayson's twin. Who else knew?"

"The entire family basically....and whoever you told. Mom wanted it to stay between the family."

Nash finally understood why she was so alienated.

Why the family was extra cautious of when Nash would babysit.

The family tried their very best to include her in everything, to show and shower her in love, but it wasnt enough.

Because no matter how much they said they loved her, she always knew they loved Grayson and her in different ways.

They loved Grayson honestly, they pitied her as if she were their annual charity cases.

The D'Martinez clan consisted of 60 members, John had 12 brothers.

12 successors who ended up continuing the long line.

Children were like business for them, they would inherit and continue the family business for them.

Children were their legacy, the ones who would bring more honor to their name while they were in the grave.

That's why John and Sarah were so shook when their baby died, that's why they had to replace the void in their hearts with a new child.

Out of 60 people, not one told her why she felt so..different.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" Emma asked timidly.

"A girl. Her name is Daisy." Nash smiled down at her stomach which was now 5 months old.

Jess stood up and got the sonogram pictures from their bedroom upstairs, showing it to Emma.

"Jesse I want a rematch." Gray said, gesturing to the basketball hoop outside.

Gray and Jesse left outside, leaving the estranged sisters alone.

"Wow..she's beautiful. Im so..jealous of your life."

"I'm 17 and pregnant are you crazy? Oh and I got kicked out. My boyfriend, Jake,  cheated on me so I set his side girl's phone on fire. I vandalized the school. I broke Jake's car."

Emma only laughed at her sister, smiling at how rebellious she was.

"Good, if you hadn't then that jerk would have left thinking it's okay to cheat."

"We're chill now..what about you? What's your drama?" Nash asked, genuinely interested in the quiet Emma's life.

"Um I'm on the prom committee, student council and national honor society..I live in the Bronx with my aunt and I have a boyfriend. His name is Liam and he's perfect."

"When were you and Gray together?"

"I was fifteen...he was my first."

"Gross." Nash said, pretending to throw up.

"Your smile is pretty, you should smile more." Emma complimented.

"Maybe I will. Only if you promise not to ever touch my brother ever again. He's dating my best friend and they are

"We've both moved on and I'm not that kind of girl..trust me."