Die For You.

"This is the sonogram." Nash said, handing Zayn a copy of the pictures.

Zayn smiled at the photo before looking up at Nash.

It was raining outside.

"Come in?"

"No but a sweater would be nice, its a long way home."

"You're not walking home in the rain, come in, wait til its over then I'll drive you home." Zayn offered, "plus..I've missed you."

"Fine...but no funny business, I'm serious about Jess."

"You? Serious? When did that happen?" Zayn joked, making Nash smile slightly at his sarcasm.

"But you guys are getting serious?" Zayn asked, pouring two teas in a cup.

"Yeah." Nash mumbled, cradling the mug in her hands.

"I can't believe I'm jealous of a 17 year old." Zayn sighed, sitting next to Nash who only hid her smile by looking away from him.

"You had your chance."

"No I didn't."

"What do you mean?" Nash asked, eyebrows furrowed.

She gave him a fair chance, a second chance then a second second chance.

She would've, undoubtedly, continued the chance cycle if he hadn't asked her to abort her baby.

"Nash, we were meant to be-"

"Zayn.." she mumbled, pulling her hand out of his hands.

"But a twist in fate made it so you had to walk away. We ever had a fair chance..you're my student and I'm a pedophile." Zayn frowned, looking at the floor in shame.

"Hey..you're not a pedophile, I wanted it to happen too." Nash confesses.

"So Jess is fine with you coming to my place?"

"What he doesn't know won't kill him..but I'm sure he'd be okay with it, you are Daisy's father."

"So that's her name.." Zayn trails off, smiling while looking at the picture.

Zayn leans into Nash quickly, too quick for her to respond or back away.

He kissed her lips softly, loving how soft they were.

And for a split second, Nash kissed back.

"I'm not some f.ck toy. You can't just pick me up and put me down whenever you want." Nash scolded, putting Zayn's hand on her growing bump.

"This is our child..and I want you to be in her life but you can't keep fucking everything up."

"I don't mean to, Nash. It just happens."

"Well it needs to stop happening, when I come here it's not to kiss you-it's to include you. You're my..baby Daddy and that's all."

Nash fled from all his classes, and he was still her guidance counselor, but she stopped going to sessions.

She was supposed to be applying for colleges-discovering herself and getting ready for the next stage of life- but instead she was pregnant and scared.

Nash's phone rang and she went to pick it up. "Sorry, it's Jess."

Zayn watched from the stool in his kitchen, watching as her eyes lit up to what Jesse said and listening to how pretty her laugh was.

That's when he knew exactly what he lost.

The best thing that had ever happened to him.

In that moment he also had an epiphany, he knew what he had to do to save her.

He had to let her and Jesse be.

Jesse was good for her, they were healthy and manageable and he made her happy.

Zayn could make her happier, obviously, but his raging necessities and alcohol consumption would be the death of Nash.

Maybe they could switch places, Zayn thought.

Because that's the thing about Zayn, he doesn't show it but he does care.

Everything he does is because he cares.

And because he was in love with Nash, he decided dying a little bit everyday for her happiness would be worth it.

He's just stay in the shadows, there for her but silent while doing so.