0.2

Cassandra smiled at Emmett, and before she could respond back, her teacher starts to write on the white board, "The civil war, the North and the South. What year did it start? C'mon you guys, don't be shy."

Cassandra looked around and saw that no one was willing to answer, so she cleared her throat, catching her teachers attention, "yes, Ms. McNare?"

She smiled at her teacher, "April 12, 1861. It was due to the fact, that the South - or the Confederates - bombarded Union soldiers at Fort Sumter, North Carolina."

Her teacher smiled, and turned towards the board to write down her answer, "yes! Good, now..." and after that she zoned. Emmett was in actual shock that his mate even could elaborate on the war. The only one that was really good at history was Jasper, and he was actually apart of the Civil War. "Now! The person you're sitting next to, is the person you'll be partnered with for the rest of the year. Your first assignment is to due a report on a historical figure during this event, it's due three weeks from today. Afterwards, we'll be going on a field trip. Alright? Okay, good. Let's get to work."

Cassandra rolls her eyes at her teacher and turns to Emmett, "well... what do you want to do?"

Emmett smiles at the small girl, "well we can do the president, or Robert E. Lee?" Cassandra smiles back at him and nods her head, "that sounds pretty good."

"Yeah, you think so?" Cassandra nods at Emmett, "okay, well, then maybe tonight you can come over to mine, and we can start on it?" Cassandra nods again at Emmett, "okay, well, since lunch is soon, do you want to sit with my family and me?"

Cassandra giggles, "sure, it would be nice to know some people here."

Fresh out of gym class, and Cassandra was heading to lunch

Fresh out of gym class, and Cassandra was heading to lunch. The girl seriously tired to mind her own business, but tends to have the most weirdest things happen to her. "Cassandra McNare, new girl, right?"

Turning around she see's a Asian boy, taller than her for sure, walking next to her, "hey, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need. Tour guide, lunch date, a shoulder to cry on."

Cassandra stops walking and looks at Eric, she couldn't believe her ears. Is this kid serious right now? "I'm more of the, I'll beat your ass if you try to flirt with me again."

Eric throws his hands up, "woah, no need to get feisty, love. I'm just trying to get to know you." Cassandra groans and runs a hand, softly to not ruin her makeup, down her face, "look, I'm not interested. Don't you have -"

Just then a bell like voice rings out from behind them, Cassandra watches Eric's eyes get wide and she whips her head backwards, "Cassandra! I've been looking everywhere for you. Emmett said you'll be eating lunch with us, c'mon."

Cassandra just smirks at the boy and let's the pixie like girl drag her through the halls, they were the same height, so it was easy to keep up with her pace, "thanks for saving me back there, I thought I was going to have to kick him in the balls to get him to leave me alone."

Alice giggles, "well I'm glad I could save someone - more him than you. Anyways, I'm Alice. We're meeting my family outside. So we better hurry!" Cassandra just nods at the girl, and they speed walk to get to the family. Once outside Rosalie is arguing with Emmett, "NO, you just can't waltz in here..."

"Guys, look who I found!" Alice squeals out and drags Cassandra forward. Cassandra waves at everyone, Rosalie scowls at the girl and drags Caleb inside, she slams the doors open. Emmett walks up to Cassandra, "I grabbed you some lunch, you were taking forever."

She giggles, taking the lunch tray, "yeah sorry, some little junior was hitting on me. It was actually really gross." Emmett laughs and takes Cassandra's hand, pulling her in after Rosalie and Caleb.

"Who are they?" Cassandra hears a pale girl, with wavy brown hair ask.

"The Cullens," her friend told her. The other pale girl leaned in, getting ready to gossip to the pale girl with brown hair, "they're Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago."

The Asian girl nods in agreement with the pale girl with blonde hair, "they kind of keep to themselves..."

"Well because they're like together, together together. The blonde hair girl, that's Rosalie Hale, and the tall, dark-haired guys, that's Caleb Cullen." Cassandra looks at Rosalie, she has to admit, she's gorgeous, and she could hear jealously in the pale blonde girl's voice. She rolled her eyes and grips Emmett's hand harder.

"Jess, they aren't actually related!" The Asian girl squawked to her friend, "But, they live together! Anyways, the little dark-haired girl, that's Alice, she's really weird..." Cassandra scoffed, Emmett looking down at her, "what's wrong?"

"That pale girl over there, she's talking shit." Emmett smiles and shakes his head at the small girl, "she's always gossiping, she isn't very quiet when she does it too, huh?" Cassandra looks up and smiles at Emmett, nodding in agreement.

"...she's with Jasper, the blonde one who looks like he's in pain. I mean, Dr. Cullen's like this... foster dad slash match maker."

The Asian girl giggles, and leans in, "maybe he'll adopt me." Jess giggles with her friend and looks up, "the big dark-haired guy that's Emmett Cullen and the tan girl..." Jessica gasps and look in envy at the new girl, "what?" Bella asks.

"What is she doing with the Cullen's? They never talk to anyone outside of themselves." Bella looks at Jessica, "well, what's wrong with her?"

Angela looks at Bella, "she's new, just like you. She just transferred from a school in New Mexico, I heard it was from some drama that went down."

Jessica nods her head in agreement, "like I guess, she was the bad egg, if you know what I mean. But I guess, she somehow managed to get Emmett wrapped around her tiny finger."

"Well, who is that." Cassandra finally takes a seat, feeling upset, that somehow, these people she didn't even knew, knew why she kind of left New Mexico. Jasper looks at her and feels guilty that he couldn't help. He didn't want to use his gift on her, even though he felt her pain.

"That's Edward Cullen."

Cassandra watches as Bella and him make eye contact. But quickly, he looks away, and makes his way to the lunch table. "He's totally gorgeous, like the rest of the family, but apparently, no one here is good enough for him. Like I care, you know?"

Cassandra growls, "I want to bash that girls head open. She's such a bitch. Probably why know one likes here." Rosalie smirks at the small girl, "we don't like her either, but oh well. People will talk regardless."

Jessica tells Bella, "anyway, don't waste your time."

"I wasn't planning on it."

Cassandra takes bite of her hamburger, and swallows it, "I literally hate people like her."

Edward pulls out his seat and sits down, looking at the girl, "she's always been like that. Don't pay attention, because we don't."

Cassandra nods her head and takes another bite. Everyone shares a look with each other, Emmett's mate was something else.

Once the bell rings for the last class of the day, Emmett helps Cassandra stand up, "so, I'll come get you from your house, and we'll go to mine, okay?"

Cassandra nods, "yeah, sounds good!" Emmett smiles and opens his hand, "may I walk you to class?" Cassandra giggles, placing her tiny hand in his rather large on, "why, yes you can, kind sir."