~fourteen~

•Natalie's POV•

My eyes dart open god damn my whole body hurts, I feel I hand grab mine and I look over to see Alex letting a slight smile form on my face. I missed Alex he did nothing really other than keep things from me, then again nobody did anything I've just overreacted of course Alex says something but I can't hear him. Which confuses me I try sit up but Alex shakes his head so I lean back down, a person I'm guessing is the nurse comes in and shines a light in my eyes I look around the room see Angela and mum. I look over to the other side of the room and see my dad at the door the makes a tear fall, I missed dad so much he is still connected with wires but he is still here and that's all that matters. I search the room for Cole but he isn't here this makes me sad, mostly because the boy who has cared for me more than anyone at the moment isn't here. I brush it off and finally start hearing people better, the first clear sentence I hear is dads voice.

"Wakey wakey sweetheart, I've missed you." I smile at dads words.

"We've all missed you, none of us have seen you in a while." Angela states, then everyone starts talking over each other.

I moan at all their voices giving me a headache making them all go silent, you could almost hear a pin drop. They all rush closer to the bed dad and mum grabbing my left hand, Alex still gripped on my right they all smile at me and I try sit up this time nobody stops me. It hurts my hands trying to push up on them, I stop time push up on the rails with my arms I look over to the nurse and ask with a croaky voice

"When can I leave?" Everyone laughs at me.

"Oh love you can leave whenever you start feeling better." The nurse says. "But by the looks of it that'll be soon than we thought." She grins.

"When I'm better?" I start, "I was never sick, I don't know what your taking about." I deny the facts.

"Natalie look at your fist everyone in the room knows what happened, thanks to that boy." The nurse smile.

"What boy?" Mum questions.

"The boy who brought her in, he was so worried for her." The nurse explains.

"Did you get to catch his name?" Alex asks being his protective self.

"It was Cole," I interpret. "He is my friend." I emphasise on the word friend.

I finally am allowed home so the doctors and nurse sign a card sending me home mum and Alex help me walk. We get to the car, on out way home mum discussed with me that when we are home we will talk about all the secrets and what not. After a long draining drive home we finally reached our destination. Mum unlocks the door and we all squeeze through the door me being the first through I walk into the lounge and plonk on the couch. Alex laughs at me followed by everyone else look over to them and they are gathered in a circle around the kitchen bench. I groan and turn the tv on and go to Disney channel because right now that's the only thing that'll entertain my 17 year old self, as I go to turn it up the movie Angela takes the remote out of my hand and says.

"Lets talk now." I roll my eyes

"Now look who wants to talk, my sister finally wants to talk." I give her a glare 

"Natalie that is not very nice, your sister has always wanted to talk." Mum buds in.

"Whatever lets talk I would love to know what this big secret is because trust me I'm dying to know." I almost yell.

"Natalie my dear please don't stress, sometimes knowledge isn't always safe."  Mum explains.

"Can you just bloody tell me." God she is annoying the absolute shit out of me.

"Okay um your family and I we um kinda help people from lets say bad guys." Mum says making me laugh "I may have made it sound like a joke but well we are undercover cops." Mum finishes.

"You know I'm not stupid, undercover cops that is ridiculous. You were all probably just trying to annoy me and well it worked." I say getting up and waking to my room.

I close my room door and straight away ran to my phone find Coles contact and call him. Waiting for him to answer I smile at the sound of his voice. I decide to tell Cole what I have been dying to tell him.