~seventeen~

"What are you baking little boy?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Well, I am making the dough for doughnuts," Cole answers satisfied with his idea.

I raise an eyebrow at him making him let out a small laugh, then continues mixing the ingredients. I go sit down on the couch because I feel rather weird, I go turn the television on but I can't find the remote. I look around then look over at an overly happy Cole holding the remote.

"Can I please have that mate?" I ask smirking. 

"Well I'm sorry pretty but your gonna have to come get it," Cole says proceeding to run up the stairs, I groan but chase him upstairs. 

We are running around upstairs then Cole runs into his room with me following obviously, I look around his room because it has changed since the last time I was here. Now the room is full of sketches and paintings of the city but most of me, or even him and I. I look at them feeling tears building up in my eyes, god damn no boy has ever shown me as much love as the boy in front of me is. I let the water droplets fall down my dry cheeks, Cole knows I am not sad for the bad reason he knows its because no boy has ever cared for me as much as he does. Cole begins walking closer to me with a soft smile forming before I can say anything Coles lips are slammed against mine. Our lips move in sync as if our lips were made for each other. Cole pulls away then starts saying. 

"Now miss you had something to tell me so spill the beans."

"Oh, my Mr Sprouse you are one very impatient boy, hey." I raise my brow, trying to make the conversation go as off track as possible. 

"Oh Miss Mendes I would be a very patient boy if I didn't find you so intriguing, but I do and I'm not so sorry about it" Cole gives a smart remark.

"Cole you don't understand, what I want to tell you could ruin our friendship." I pause for a moment. "And Cole that is the last thing I need right now." I finish. 

"Oh my god Natalie, we are bloody kissing and you're scared what you say could ruin our friendship. Did you forget when I told you I am not leaving you no matter what?" Cole questions. I answer his question with a nod. "So sweetness, what could you possibly say to scare me away because I am gonna be a very hard person to get rid of." Cole finishes and I now feel like I have the confidence to tell this boy.

"Okay, Cole we have known each other for a few months now and these few months have been fucking amazing. We both have problems of our own but it's easy to tell you all of my ones and I hope the feeling is mutual, we keep a few things that have happened unsaid and I don't like that but I can bear with it. Honestly, thank god I found someone so amazing as you, now I really can't see how I would have gotten through so many things without you. Fuck Cole, why is this so hard to say. I really didn't have this planned out in my head, goddamnit this should be so difficult. Cole-" I stop and think before I say this, fuck I hate decisions. "I care about you more than I usually care about people, you make me laugh, you make me smile and even on some occasions you can make me cry. My whole body turns weak when I am around you, my stomach goes bloody spaz as well.  Cole, I have found someone I can truly be me around and not be scared of being judged, you make me feel like a princess like fuck, I never knew how being a princess felt till I meet you. I thought that if I get a sweet hug that was amazing but no, being with you Cole is absolutely perfect. Cole, how do you do it? You are the boy every girl wishes she had, and god I just want to keep you to myself because I am scared of anyone taking you away. I know you always say you are not leaving me but I hear that a lot and those people leave me still. So that's why I am scared of freaking you out by saying this but, Cole I am most truly and most deeply most madly in love with you Cole. There it is I love you and not only because you are so adorable but because you were my shoulder to cry on when I needed it and sometimes the only person I could talk to and you actually listened. You didn't cut me off because you had an important phone call or because another person down the hall was calling you, you wouldn't care if those things happened you would just block those other things out. You are just such an amazing boy Cole and I love you so much, Cole Mitchell Sprouse." I finally finish, but I am expecting to get shut out. 

Cole starts searching around his room looking behind his drawings or paintings he has been doing this for about 2 minutes after I told him I loved him. I kinda feel awkward now, but I can't say anything it's like my mouth is sealed.

~Cole's P.O.V~

She told me the one thing I didn't expect from her, but little did she know I shared the same feelings since I first came to this school. I am just trying to find a bunch of drawings and paintings to show it, but it's taking a while so I am rushing.

I finally get all the pieces of artwork and place them in order and turn them over one by one. The first drawing I've already shown her, it was my first ever drawing of her. It is the one that she was punching her tree, it's weird because I have never seen other people at the tree but whatever. I start to turn over the second one and this one is the most nervewracking one because I have made sure she hasn't seen it. This one is a painting of me on my side walking down the street when we first had a conversation well when I was walking by myself with my scared wrist out. Natalie's hand was on my back, lighting my body up with colours. When Natalie saw this tears fell down her cheeks and she immediately put her hand to her mouth when she saw the quote on it 'you saved me from my past'. Before I could turn the next one around Natalie's arms were wrapped around my neck and her little weight was resting on my lap, so instead of turning it around, I pulled it up for her to see. In this drawing, it is the day we were sitting in the meadows and we shared our first kiss. She smiled when she saw this one, then I began to pull the very last one up. This piece makes me pretty emotional, it was when I found her with blood dripping from her fist and my world felt like it was falling apart. The drawing shows cracks on the floor indicating that my world was about to break, Natalie was placed perfectly on one of the not broken pieces but it was filled with blood. My eyes filled when I look at every detail of my painting, the quote for that one was 'stay with me, my love'.