~sixteen~

"So you have some explaining to do, Miss Mendes." Is the first thing, Cole says. (guys I am so sorry the last chapter I wrote my last name instead of hers

"I don't know what you are talking about." I act completely dumb and confused. 

"Oh c'mon you can do that Natalie." Cole gives me a puppy face making my chuckle. 

"Cole promise after I tell you this we will still have an amazing friendship," I ask. 

"Natalie please just tell me, nothing can make me not love having you around," Cole explains. 

"I am just so thankful for you and we need to talk about the hike," I finally let out what has been on my mind since it happened. 

"Nat I am sorry it happened." Cole gives me a sad face now. 

"You may be but I am not," I say under my breath.

"What did you say?" He lifts his eyebrows. 

"Nothing," I answer too quickly.

"Hmm whatever I will see you at the break, okay." Cole makes it sound more of a question than I think he intended. 

We say our byes and then I grab my books and make my way to my class, I start to feel very uncomfortable due to all the looks I'm getting. I make sure my bandages are covered which they are so I continue walking, I turn the corner and see Valerie and Harry making out before anyone sees me looking I run off crying. I don't know why it hurts so much... no, actually I do know why it hurts because my best friend is fucking my ex. Call me a baby or whatever but to me, that is getting betrayed, no decent person would ever do that. I stop running once I feel arms wrap around my waist. It's Cole I can tell by the hands and how he is holding me, I turn around to see his face and its bleeding. Cole is bleeding, fuck fuck fuck fuck. I grab his hands and bring him to the tree so I can help him out, we sit down and I grab my kit and start wiping his face with the clean water. Cole says nothing he just lets me keep going but squeezes my thigh when it hurts him which gives me butterflies, I give Cole a soft smile then out of nowhere he grabs my face and crushes our lips together. It feels like fireworks are going off in my belly, through the kiss I felt all the hurt melt. I felt amazing, there were sparks and there is no lie there. The kiss didn't need any explanation because in the time of the kiss everything was explained. One thing I needed the answer to was answered through the kiss, I Natalie Mendes am madly truly deeply in love with Cole Sprouse. Cole pulls away and starts saying

"Sor-." But I cut him off and place my lips back on his.

When Cole and I kissed it was perfect and that is the only way to explain it. After everything Cole told me that tonight I have no choice but to go to his house, which is honestly both nerve wracking and exciting. It is now the 4th class of the day and I swear I have every fucking class with Valerie, it's like having an itch that won't just blood leave and ignoring it's pointless. I'm feeling so many mixed emotions at the moment it is insane, I don't understand anything like why she'd do this to me I protected her when she had people talking shit. I was her shoulder to cry on when she needed it, I always made her happy when she was heartbroken or on the verge of breaking. I was there for her and now she is the reason I am breaking, the reason I'm getting people shit talking and the reason I don't have my best friends shoulder to cry on. Why am I so bloody caring and trusting, that's what kills me and breaks me. I only know one thing and that is that Cole will stay, I can tell from how kind hearted and just an all round beautiful person. How was I so privileged to have him in my life.

The bell snaps me out of my thoughts along with my books flying across the room because of Valerie 'accidentally' hitting them with her back then shortly looking back to see whether she had succeeded. I grab my books quickly and then speed to the door pushing her to the floor and then calmly making my way to find Cole.

I find Cole but before I get to him I feel the back of my top being tugged very roughly almost making me fall and choke. I turn around and not so much to my surprise it's the worlds biggest bitch aka Valerie, the look on her face for god knows what reason is mad I really wonder what made her so angry. I give her a bit of a bitchy grin the right after regretting it because now my face has collided with the palm of her hand making my left cheek sting making it feel like it's on fire. Before I go to hit back I remember about my fists and I'm getting pulled away from the crowd, tears fall down my cheeks not only because my face is in pain but as well because my fucking best friend just humiliated me in front of almost everything and she slapped me. The girl I trusted with everything slapped me, what the fuck is wrong with her. I did not deserve that I've done literally nothing but make her fall which she deserved no doubt about that, I look at who has dragged me out and it's Alex. This makes me feel so much relief and nerves at the same time, I stop him and hug him I've missed my big bro. He calms me by doing what he used to always do when we were kids and I missed Mum and Dad, he is drawing stars on my back the stars he drew symbolised that sometimes things will come and go but they are always there to not make the path so dark. I remember when he first told me this it was the first time I had a breakdown and he was there, then he explained why he drew stars on my back and from that moment I've both loved having Alex in my life and loved looking at the stars. 

I go to Coles now because it's when he asked for me to be there, so Valerie's slap was a bit more than just a slap because I now I have a black eye so that's not very charming. I knock on the door and it's opened by Cole looking very busy, he looks at me and gives me a worried look but also smiles. I walk in and follow him to the kitchen where he is using the mixing bowl making god knows what.