Chapter 18: Scraped Skin

Kai's POV

"Oppa, let's go!" she said with a smile as she stood beside the stairs. I walked towards her, then I saw someone behind her.

I didn't see who it was, and the next thing I knew was that Sulli was pushed from the stairs.

"Sulli!" I shouted as she slipped and fell down.

In a speed of light, I went to her and hugged her as she fell. The stairs were, I think, ten steps high. I slid down with an arm against the steps until I felt myself on the floor as I caged her with my arms. I could hear people shrieking at the moment. At the last step, I felt my head hit the floor a bit hard.

"Princess, are you alright?" I asked her as we kept in the position, my eyes glued on her.

I looked at her face and I can see glitches.

"I'm alright. J- just a little scratch, but I'm fine." she said, then I was surprised that Uncle Ed suddenly showed up like magic.

"Hey, hey, make space." Uncle Ed just before I could get up.

He threw a box in the air, then it became a tent that covered us. I stood up, as well as Sulli, then we looked around. It's as if we're in his mobile labs.

I went beside Uncle Ed, hiding behind him. I don't want her to see me like this.

"Uncle, my arm.." I whispered at him, then he looked at me, hiding the view from Sulli. She was standing on the other side, staring on the floor as a hand held her elbow.

He looked behind him to see if Sulli was looking, but she wasn't, so he took the spray just beside her, then he sprayed it on my arm and my leg. He was looking at my arm intently, then it's as if he realized something that he took something from his pocket and smiled at me.

It looked like a pen. More like a scalpel, I think. He used it to paint my arm with colors, then he pointed it with a laser that after he let go of my arm, it looked like I had scratches and wounds on my arm. He put a bit of it on my leg too. It was pretty cool.

"Sulli, do you feel anything? Pain?" Uncle Ed asked her as she approached her now.

"Uhm.. No.. nothing, really. Maybe my head, a little, but it's alright. Kai oppa caught me and I just had a few scratches. Is he alright? Oppa, are you oka--- Oh my gosh oppa, your arm!" she said, then she approached me, her attention on my fake wounds.

"N- no, I'm fine, princess. Nothing to worry about."

"Nothing?! This isn't nothing! Uncle, is he going to be alright?!" she asked, her eyes a bit teary.

I sighed, then I hugged her.

"I told you I'm alright. It's not that painful. See-- Ouch! Wow, that actually hurts!" I looked at Uncle Ed as I was surprised why it hurts. I mean, I thought it's just paint and all. But it hurts.

"Of course it would hurt." he said, then he tapped on a high chair and made Sulli sit on it.

I noticed her leg. She said it doesn't hurt. It's a bit confusing because of its color. Why is it tin colored? It's supposed to be red, right?

"Uncle Ed, her leg--"

"Nothing to worry about here, darling." Uncle Ed said to her after he checked her leg. He just took the spray he used on me, then used it to her leg.

Is she a robot too?!