Chapter 3

Aphmau, Ross, Jin, and Barney nodded in agreement. Sky heard Mitch pulling a chair somewhere and supposedly sat down. There was silence for a few seconds before Mitch spoke up.

"Like you said before, you're blind."

Sky slowly nodded. However, there was one question he was dying to ask.

"What happened to the guys that attacked me?"

"I kicked their asses. No need to say more." Sky balled his hands into fists. "Actually, there's a little more," Mitch said.

"What?" Mitch shifted uncomfortably at the harsh tone.

"They seem to have something against people with weak Mob Gods. Now that you can't see, uh, you might want to be careful."

Sky nodded. Now, to his questions about his blindness.

"How am I gonna get around?"

"Uh, I think there's this stick thing you hold. As you walk, you tap the ground with it and that tells you where you are I think."

With that, Mitch pushed the chair back to wherever it was originally and cleared his throat. "I'm going to head out now. I promised I'd meet Jerome somewhere. See you around."

"Bye."

The room wasn't silent for long. A few minutes after Mitch left, Aphmau spoke. "I talked to the doctor outside. He said you have to stay here for a few days. You have a broken arm and leg as well and the fact that you're bli-."

"I know."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Sky spent the next few days rolling around the hospital in a wheelchair, with his friends' help of course. Since Aphmau had to go back to Craft Mob Academy, Jin, Barney, and Ross kept him company. Eventually, he was allowed to go out of the hospital but still had to stay in his wheelchair. Sky couldn't see anything except darkness. He longed for the sight of Apalyn during the spring season and the cherry blossom path he and his friends often hung around.

Abruptly, someone gasped and turned the wheelchair around. "Who was that?!" Sky yelled.

"Shut it! I saw that squid bitch." Barney hissed. Jin and Ross were talking quietly behind them.

"They didn't see us yet. I think they were in an alleyway. The same one that they, you know." Jin muttered, not wanting to finish his sentence.

They hurried back to the hospital, trying not to look suspicious if the squid hybrid did see them. The receptionist looked up at them. "That was fast."

Barney sighed. "The guys that sent him here were around the corner. We didn't want him to get worse than he already is." The receptionist nodded and the four went back to Sky's room.

Sky sat down in his bed and sighed. "Sky, we're really sorry. Someone else should've went." Jin said.

"Don't apologize. No one can predict the future." Sky told them.

"Thanks Sky."

"It's fine."

Suddenly, there was a loud crash from outside. Ross ran over to the window and gasped. "Get Sky in the damn wheelchair! There's smoke from the academy!"

-------------

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapters. Suffering from writers block.