Chapter 14

Sky dodged to the side again as Mitch shot a fireball. "Mitch, snap out of it!" He yelled.

Quentin managed to hit Mitch with a water beam. There was a sizzling noise as the water hit Mitch, burning parts of his arm and face.

"We're trying to knock him out not kill him!" Jerome yelled.

"Well how else am I supposed to do anything?!" Quentin shot back.

Sky looked around frantically for Seto. Ian suddenly tackled him, a fireball flying right over their heads. "Seto's behind one of the bookshelves. Go see what he's doing. I'll distract." He said. Sky nodded and ran off.

Eventually, he found Seto. The sorcerer was crouched behind the bookshelf and skimming through a book, his eyes laser-focused on the words.

"What are you doing?" Sky asked.

"Trying to figure out how to get Mitch back," Seto replied calmly.

"Well can you hurry because Mitch is kicking our asses!"

Seto suddenly slammed the book shut. "Buy me ten seconds and then give me a chance to grab the back of Mitch's neck."

"Huh?"

"Just do it!"

Sky nodded and the two ran back to join the fight. No one seemed to notice Seto which was good. Mitch spotted Sky and rushed at him again. Sky barely dodged the flaming hand aimed at his face. However, he didn't see the kick, and Sky was flung to the ground as Mitch's leg collided with his stomach.

Dazed, Sky stumbled back to his feet. Mitch was running at him again, and Sky knew he wouldn't be able to react in time.

Then, there was a purple flash and Mitch suddenly collapsed. Seto was standing there, an arm outstretched. Sky looked down at Mitch. Faint scars were on the back of his neck.

"Well that went well," Ty muttered.

Jerome ran to his friend's side. "He'll be out for a few hours," Seto said.

As Jerome went to lean Mitch against the wall, Seto turned to the others. "Null knows where we are. You guys have to leave. He's already taken out Mitch and me. There's only a matter of time before he kills all of us."

"Wait, what do you mean by 'you guys'?" Jason asked.

"What I said. You guys have to leave. I'm not being selfish. It's for your own safety."

"No! We are not leaving you here!" Sky yelled.

"I was just about to talk about that. Since Null probably did to Mitch to a few others, maybe even more, none of us can risk going up. I'll have to teleport everyone there once Mitch wakes up. Now, everyone head to the meeting room." Seto explained.

As everyone went to the meeting room, Sky glanced towards the exit. His life was in danger, all to a stupid wish. But he saved Barney, who could die again. Sky knew he had to save his friends. Before it was too late.

-------------

A/N:

Just broke the top 50 in the Adventure leaderboard! Whoo! Thank you to everyone who's been supporting me so far!