Chapter 25

Mitch made the first move, attempting to trap Null in a ring of lethal flames. Null looked around at the flames before throwing a spell at him. Sky used his sword the block the spell. "Why didn't you do that while fighting me?" Sky taunted.

"Maybe cause' he was too scared." Ty scoffed.

Null growled before vanishing. "What?" Ian asked.

There were a few seconds of terror as everyone tried to pinpoint Null's location. Suddenly, Sky felt a presence behind him. "Behind us!" he yelled.

Sky turned around and jumped out of the way of Null's sword. Ty flew up then back towards Null with a deadly speed. Null saw him coming and threw another spell at him. Ty dodged but instead ran into Null's hand which slammed him into the ground hard enough to send dust and concrete flying everywhere.

The dust cleared to show a barely conscious Ty about to be stabbed by Null. However, before Null could bring the sword down, Quentin shot a huge water beam at Null, knocking him to the ground.

While the shadow was down, Seto ran in and grabbed Ty, carrying him out of harm's way. "Mitch, now!" Sky shouted.

The Blaze smiled and created the ring of fire again, this time the flames higher and hotter. Null staggered a bit as he stood up. He threw his sword at Jason who barely dodged it due to his back.

Ian sent in the wolf to leap over the flames and tackle Null. As Null hit the ground again, Seto used his magic to chain him to the ground. "Now, Sky!" Seto yelled.

Sky leaped up and above Null before shooting down, his sword pointed straight at Null's chest.

"No, NO! I REFUSE TO DIE HERE!" Null roared.

There was a rumbling and Sky gasped as he saw the same spike that hurt Aphmau -only there were six- heading towards his friends. Sky's eyes widened as he slowed his fall and watched in horror as the spikes stabbed into the other six.

Ty, Seto, and Jason barely managed to dodge in time. The spikes only grazed them. However, it was the other three that weren't as lucky. Sky saw Ian first. The oldest of their group had an entire chunk of his side missing, and Sky had to turn away despite how worried he was.

That brought his attention to Quentin. Quentin was better off than Ian, but it wasn't good. His spike had shot through his shoulder and had impaled him to the ground. The pain was enough to have Quentin writhing on the ground in pain.

And last, not too far from Quentin, was a young man in a red and black checkered hoodie. Sky didn't have to look for long; the spike sticking out of Mitch's chest was unmissable.

"No!" Sky screamed as he landed next to Mitch.

Blood began to leak his mouth and stained his hoodie. The other two sacred Mob Gods and the sorcerer ran over. "Seto, can you heal them?" Jason asked.

"Yeah. Just give me some time. I need to save energy to take down Null so I'll only be able to heal the wounds slightly," Seto replied as he knelt down by Mitch. "It should be enough to keep him alive until this is over."

"Don't worry. We can handle him," Ty said as he pat Seto on the back.

The remaining three turned to Null who was standing up. The black spikes danced around him, ready to kill. What caught Sky's attention was the smirk on Null's face. A simple smirk that made Sky angrier than ever.

Ty cracked his knuckles. "Now, how do you want to die?" he asked.

Null didn't answer. Sky gripped his sword tightly. "You might want to answer. Who knows, maybe you can choose a faster death than what I've got planned for you."