Chapter twenty

epilogue-

Chapter twenty.

I guess it feels right...

Ryker+

""I'll be alright."

"You sure man" the drunken man asked, cautiously.

"yeah. I will. I will." I grabbed a bottle of hard vodka from the shelf at the bar, sneaky like. didn't want the bar tender to see. I stumbled from the bar with the vodka in my shirt. Feeling nauseous i began walking away. I walked slowly to the bridge over the one big ass lake in town, and sat on the railings with the bottle in my left hand. "I guess i should bid you good bye good sir, up in the clouds." I looked up to the clouds. "You've given me a fair game to play, but i think its time i forfeit."

I chugged the vodka, and felt the burn run down my throat, i could die from intoxication right now, if i were lucky. But, no, seeing that i have to do everything myself, ill do the shitty hard work. A couple of cars honked passing behind me. None cared to stop, as i heard. I finished the bottle off, and looked down at the lake. I threw up a couple minutes later, but didn't care. I stood with my hands against the rails, and took a deep breath, when i felt someone touch my hand.

Danny+

I observed the night sky, as we drove around town. God, the worry is killing me. Ryker is too far from me to read his thoughts, and too lost anyway. we got to a stop light with the only big bridge in town, when my heart sped. "Go on the bridge."

"You're sure you want to search the bridge?"

"Hell yeah." the adrenaline within me pumped faster every second it took for the red light to finally turn green. "Turn your sirens off."

"Alright." the officer obeyed.

we rode through the bridge, until I saw a white shirted man. Ryker.

"Stop the car!" The officer slammed his breaks, and I ran out of the car. then stopped half way to Ryker. When I realized a woman was talking to him. Decided not to interrupt.

Ryker+

"I'd rather jump. Thanks miss. But, unfortunately this isn't your decision."

"My dear boy, what's your name?" her voice was humble and kind.

"Ryker." she backed away a little.

"Ryker...?" she asked.

"Yeeees." I was annoyed already, and highly intoxicated.

She cupped her mouth.

"Don't jump, my boy. please?"

I looked over my shoulder at her. When Danny walked up behind her. He said nothing. You could tell he's been looking for me, and that he was broken. And what sucks is the fact that I caused it. It's all my fault.

"I'm sorry Danny."

He walked up behind me, and pulled me from the railings. "Come now. Trust me."

His hand was around me as we sat in the back of the police car. He watched out the window without saying a word or even looking at me.

+++

"That's all I remember from that night. I just remember waking up in a mental hospital, again. The same doctor, same nurses, same medicine, higher dosage. No Danny.

It was like everything I experienced was either a dream I kept repeating, or an outlandish imagination. I will honestly never forget the love, and the strength I found after realizing it wasn't all true. After realizing I were imagining it all. I realized Danny were another personality I had, that felt real to me, that never took over me, but loved me deeply. Wanted to take care of me. I figure he was the part of me that wanted me to get better, actually cared where I ended up... Sure, that meant the love I had was actually love for myself. I loved myself, I love myself after all."

"And it doesn't hurt you that it wasn't real?"

"Not anymore. I'll find my way, dont worry."

"Ready to go home, then?" the doctor asked, smiling warmly.  "Yes, I'm ready.."