II. Wasted time

Love is fragile. Like pieces of glass, it shatters in seconds. Yugyeom finally realized what love meant. Seconds and inches take another meaning when someone is madly in love. A second or inch won't symbolize the limitations, but the consequences of not being there at the right time of the day.

Breathing seemed pointless, and hurting became his legacy. The cold wind penetrated the deepest part of his bones, shivers and sweat mixing together. Every short breath meant one second away from Bambam. Yugyeom hated himself and his friend. He hated feeling so hopelessly addicted to the presence of the other. At least his anger faded away, the dust of it turning into gentle waves of sadness, splashing the insides of his stomach.

He felt miserable like he was the most abominable person living and breathing on this planet. His scary range suddenly went up, increasing the crave of ripping off his own skin.  It was 4 AM and the streets of Seoul became strangely familiar to him. Sometimes when his swollen ankles started burning really bad he would stop and take a break. However, as soon as he would start running again he would regret spending so many seconds relaxing.

The clock was ticking, seconds being sat in strings like precious white pearls on a fragile, thin wire. Every second meant that Yugyeom failed to get to Bambam. The street lamps were lightening up his never endling path, as he struggled to keep running and running until he would eventually faint.

Being honest, Yugyeom had no idea where to go, he checked again the library which was obviously already closed. He looked around a few times, silence creeping into his head like echoes. The worst of all was his aching heart, crying inside his chest, screaming. 'Where is he? Where is he?' He asked himself like someone might miraculously know the answer despite him being alone. Alone with his heart and grotesque, miserable thoughts.

After three hours of running, his legs and body finally decided to drop from exhaustion. The sweat sticking to his wounds made it unbearable, causing the young tall boy to spit on the ground with disgust. The dryness of the air was overwhelming no matter how much the brisk weather tried to cover it.

Yugyeom's eyes were admiring motionless leaves that started shifting colors. He felt empty, sick as a dog. The starving sensation along with dry blood all over him and thirst couldn't get to the boy anymore. He had no idea what to do, all he could think of was Bambi. Then he had a break down, he slipped his long fingers through his half wet hair and harshly grabbed it. He tried to stop himself from crying.

He remembered something, he started to remember conversations; the impact and importance their texts had. He remembered the one kiss that tasted like liquor. People used to say drunk kisses don't count, but how could Yugyeom ever forget the smell of toxic alcohol poisoning his best friend? The taste his burning tongue had whilst his small hands were freezing? Last but not least, that box decorated with lights and noisy garbage sounding tracks which made Bambam look stupid?

Yugyeom shook his head as someone tried to pull him up. The stature was filled with shadows as the sun rays penetrated the maknae's weak view. "Sir, are you okay? Do you need any help?" A sweet voice kindly addressed at him.

"What-what time is it?" He somehow managed to ask as the woman failed for the fifth time to help him up. He might have been losing a lot amount of weight lately, but his muscles grew bigger on daily basis. He gulped, the sourness inside his throat provoking a ridiculously long cough.

"It's 2 PM." She whispered, her voice breaking a little when she noticed Yugyeom's reaction. His eyes opened widely, the news being shocking to him. He blacked out for hours and hours which equaled thousands of seconds wasted away from Bambam. He checked his phone to see if the others found something about his ex best friend but there were no notifications. Nothing.