III. Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy

"I cannot believe she did that!" Mark exclaimed, joyfully watching from the balcony, a little girl dancing around in the park nearby the hospital. The oldest one had his white floral shirt half unbuttoned, due to the overwhelming hot breezes hitting his clean, sweaty forehead.

"She fell on the ground and started sobbing a minute ago, and now look at her." A hoarse voice completed the other, while Mark faced the one speaking. "You really like kids, don't you?" The boy added, filling his lungs with poison and maintaining a strong eye contact.

Mark nodded, slowly rubbing his hands together. Afterwards, he stopped looking at Jinyoung and changed his view on the girl again. "You'll make a great dad." Jinyoung kept going on with the subject, even though Mark suddenly stopped responding. "A daredevil one..." Jinyoung chuckled. "...but a great one for sure." He then made a few steps back and sticked his back to the wall, hiding from the sun while continuing to smoke.

"You truly think so?" Mark finally spoke, his back turned now towards Jinyoung's direction. He couldn't face the other because they have had that conversation before, and it gave him chills. Rays caressed his body, a golden aura protecting him like a shield.

"Yeah... I've always believed you and Jackson will marry first and build your lives together." The black haired boy loudly inhaled chemicals, frowning a little when his dilated pupils met the brightness of Mark's smile turning towards him. The boy had a small wooden cross half showing from behind his shirt, sticked to his sweaty, sun kissed chest.

Jinyoung was taken by surprise when Mark chose to step inside the darkness of chilly shadows and stay next to him. However, he didn't complain at all. "You started smoking again." The oldest found another subject, avoiding any correlation to Jackson.

"Never quit." Jinyoung responded, gazing into Mark's glowing chocolate eyes. "But you wouldn't know that. You've been ignoring me since..." Jinyoung inhaled again and wisely chose to stop, knowing Mark already understood what had to be understood. The oldest stubbornly refused to give in, and maintained the eye contact until the other eventually broke it. All that time he was thinking about the most fitting answer he could give, the most simplistic one.

"Indeed." He nodded, reaching with his long skinny fingers the line between darkness and light. Jinyoung was admiring Mark's collarbones and his shiny cheeks, realizing that maybe he was staring too much at him. "I actually wanted to ask you something for a long time." Mark continued,  creating shadows with his hands on the opposite gray wall.

The oldest tried his best to distract himself from how important finding out, what actually happened in the past, was for him. "This day was so peaceful. I listened to birds singing, letting my skin breathe beneath the sunlight, watched Bambam sleep. These last few days have been noiseless, almost calm. At least way calmer than before." Mark grinned,lost inside his ideas due to excessive rembling.

"You lost track again." Jinyoung interrupted. Afterwards, he raised his left hand, gently touching Mark's forehead with the tips of his fingers. He couldn't stand the way his hyung had his eyes covered by smooth little hairs rebelliously falling forward and bathing into sweat. Unfortunately, Jinyoung didn't realize how close he was to Mark until the other spoke, his lips moving at one inch apart from Jinyoung's.

"What was the deal you made with Jackson about?" Mark finally spoke, watching how carefully Jinyoung placed his little hairs and how beautifully arched his ebony black shaded eyelashes were. His heart started beating painfully fast and trying to hide it stressed the oldest out.

"He finally told you, huuuhh." Jinyoung nodded to himself, raising the tips of his fingers one by one and getting farther from his ex lover. It wasn't easy for him either because no matter how hard he tried to make Mark believe he hated him, there was Jackson not letting that happen. Three fools, that's what they were. "It was a smart decision made up in desperate times, under many circumstances you probably wouldn't understand."