Ours

'I've put in the order for the flowers we agreed on, and then we have your tux fitting' I say, nudging my fiancée in the arm. There's really no use in me trying to talk about important wedding manners when Top Gear is on.

'Hmm,' he turns his head toward me, his blue eyes shining in the brightly lit room, 'Sorry love,  what was that?'

I smile, 'Only because I love you. Flowers are ordered, tux fitting - next week!'

'Okay great.' He smiles, managing to melt my heart every time. 'This is coming together so fast.'

'Tell me about it. My final dress fitting is in three days.' I cuddle up next to Hunter on the sofa. 'In just three weeks,  we are going to be married.'

He plays with the ring on my left hand, 'I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you'

I kiss him on the cheek, 'me too Hunt'.

Everything seems to be going by in a whirl. Hunter has been home for this homestretch leading up to the wedding, but life has been crazy. I've only been working part time, trying to get everything done for this wedding and I released my EP earlier this week.

I see the rolling credits out of the corner of my eye, 'Hey Hun what do you think of putting together the song list for our DJ?'

'Good idea,' he says enthusiastically jumping up to get a pen and paper.

'Okay, first dance, father-daughter and mother-son, right?'

We asked an up and coming band, Lanco if they would sing Born to Love You as our first dance song and they greatly obliged. I picked 'Daddy's Little Girl' by Michael Buble, we and try to think of what song Hunter and his mom would dance to.

'Hmm, 'My Wish by Rascal Flatts?.' He noted.

'I think those are great. Now it's just weird to think the songs and artsists we sing along to will be at our wedding!' I laugh. Five years ago I would have never pictured myself here, in Nashville, planning my wedding to Hunter Hayes. It's big wishing on a small town Canadian girl.

'Yeah,' Hunter chuckles. 'That's weird. But we can mix it up.'

I nod, 'There are a lot of good songs out there, and not all of the artists will be with us.' We spent close to two hours coming up with songs, and rehearsing our dance a bit. We were interrupted by our stomachs growling and a text from my phone.

Mom: Hi honey. We booked our tickets, and we will be landing in Nashville on the 11th, leaving on the 23rd. Skype tonight?

Jenna: Okay sounds good. And yes, 9 ok?

Mom: Perfect xo

Noticing the time, I turn to Hunt, 'What do you want for dinner love? We've got burgers and salad, or maybe fish 'n' chips?'

'Whatever you want Jenna,' he came over to stare into the refrigerator with me. 'How about we have the fish tonight and we do burgers tomorrow, they guys are coming over before we go for my 'bachelor party'' he noted, emphasizing the air quotes.

'Okay, perfect.' I get the ingredients together and we start making dinner. 'I love it when you're home Hunt.'

'I do too Jen," he says, while preheating the oven. 'But I'm so proud of you getting school done, working on your EP and at the hospital all while keeping the fort tied down.' I smile at his compliments and looked around our home. Hunter bought it as a surprise after we got engaged. He bought it with a family in mind...Four bedrooms, finished basement, pool and hot tub. It was everything I could have hoped for. But it was a big house to stay in by myself.

'Thank you sweetheart,' I say walking up behind him as he was slicing the potatoes, wrapping my arms around his strong core and resting my head on his shoulder 'Couldn't have done it without you.'

'I'm glad everything is falling into place,' he continued preparing dinner as I stayed hugging him. 'You're a dual citizen, we've got the marriage license, and I'm ready to make new music.' I kiss him on the neck and make my way beside him to start cooking up the fish.

'It's crazy how fast year has gone by,' I said, 'I can't believe you're going to start piecing together your fourth album.'

'My life has a lot of amazing chapters, I've got a lot to sing about.' He said smiling.

We sit down at the table, and enjoy dinner together. Hunter isn't much of a drinker, but we celebrated our accomplishments and wedding excitement with some white wine. We chatted more about his tour and upcoming wedding responsibilities. Hunter's got his bachelor party tomorrow night, but I had my bachelorette party last month at Stephanie's cabin. It was perfectly peaceful, surrounded my friends, eating s'mores and drinking sangrias..

We clean up our dinner plates, and I can hear my skype going off. It's only eight. I go answer it, and Stephanie, my maid of honour is on the other end.

'Hey! I got my ticket! I'm coming on the tenth to the twenty third.' she said excitedly. 'I can't wait to see you I miss you so much.'

'I do too! That's perfect – my mom and dad are coming for the eleventh to the twenty third.'

'Oh I can't wait! What's the weather like? I need to pack.'

'I dunno, it's nicer than Canada is this time of year. Usually in October it gets to about fifteen Celsius'

'Wow, okay so I can probably wear shorts!' she laughs, still very excited.

'I'd say so. Bring a swim suit, we have a pool. Jeans, a few dresses for the rehearsal and stuff.'

'Okay perfect! I've got to go, talk to you later!'

'Stephanie?' Hunter asks quietly, 'She sounded excited I didn't want to interrupt.'

'Yeah she's coming on the eleventh.' I smiled; I think Hunter could tell how much I missed home. His kisses me on the top of my head and gently massages my shoulders. 'Mmm, your hands are magic Hayes.'

He gently laughs, 'Maybe with instruments. Are we skyping with your parents soon?'

I nod. Monday nights were our skype nights. Without a second to spare, the grandfather clock in the hall struck nine and my skype went ringing.

'Hi mom!' I say excitedly to the laptop screen

'Hi Jenna! Hello there Hunter! Good to see you both'

'You too Anne.' Hunter says with a little wave.

'How have things been?'

'Great. Jenna has been doing a great job with all of this wedding stuff!'

'Atta girl' my mom says with a wink.

We chatted for almost an hour about the flight, what to pack, the weather and a bit about my EP release. I don't know my mom's true feelings about me living in Nashville eleven months out of the year, usually going home to visit her and my dad for a week or two over the summer. I've always been supported by my parents to follow my heart and dreams. I wrote an exam last year months ago that have allowed for me to be a practicing Recreationist in the USA with Canadian college education. 

We said goodnight to my mom and made our way to bed. We snuggle up and in no more than ten seconds, I'm well asleep.