Signs

I flush the toilet and get mouthwash out of my travel bag. Another wave hits me like a ton of bricks. I sit on the edge of the tub, waiting for my stomach to stop revolting.

'Babe? Are you showering?' Hunter asks on the other side of the door.

'Uh, yeah I was going to. I had to pee.'

'Okay. I got an email back from the guys, you have to read it!'

'Give me a few minutes!'

'Okay. It's nine, we have to be downstairs in forty five minutes'

'Okay babe'

I shower quickly, and my stomach seemed to settle. I get my make up on and emerge from the bathroom in my bra and underwear to find some clothes.

'You're beautiful baby.' Hunter says, his eyes lightened behind the computer screen.

'Thanks handsome' I reply, fishing through my suitcase. I pick out a turquoise hi-low strapless dress and after Hunter showered he opted for blue jeans and a grey tee shirt. There's something extremely attractive about the way Hunter looks in a fitted tee shirt, and I get butterflies.

 We headed down to the lobby and began walking to the harbor to board the boat for the day. By noon we were a quarter of the way down the shore line and had chicken souvlaki and salad for lunch on the top deck. On the main deck there was karaoke and dancing that Hunter and I joined into. I found 'Dirty Little Secret' from the All American Rejects.. People that recognized Hunter and I were losing their minds, and of course, front and center were the girls from the hotel. I kept my sunglasses on as Hunter and I sang, holding hands the whole time.

Cheers erupted as we finished and we made our way to the bow of the boat to sit and watch the others sing. Hunter and I sat back enjoying the scenery when the song playing caught our attention. 'You Belong With Me?' I laughed out loud. Even though Hunter had his sunglasses on I could just imagine his expression. His jaw clenched as he picked up my hand and directed me, 'We're going upstairs, or inside or something.'

I didn't' argue, but I followed him to the top deck and we checked the time, four thirty. We realized how far we had traveled down the coast. Dinner was at five thirty, but we stayed seated and played numerous games of hang man and tic tac toe.

Before long, waiters began addressing those who were seated. Hunter and I ordered dinner and continued our games.' Hunter asked, looking over the drinks menu, 'You ordering a drink?' I asked.

'No, I am surprised you weren't looking'

'No, not with how my stomach feels,' I tapped on my glass, 'The ginger ale is doing me fine. Um, you never told me what the guys said in the email.'

'Oh yeah!' Hunter exclaimed as he fished through his phone, 'Here it is. Hey Hunter, hope Europe is treating you and Jenna well. The song selections look good . I'm glad Jenna agreed...move over Tim and Faith ;-)

-Safe travels, Devon'

'It will be something to follow in legendary footsteps,' I laugh.

The sun begins to slowly drop into the red and purple sky. The boat begins to turn back up the shoreline, signaling we are headed home. A band begins playing on the lower deck, and Hunter and I head down.

'I think there is another motive for me doing a greatest hits album' Hunter said out-of-the-blue.

'What may that be?' I ask, swaying along to the music.

'Well, if I just rerelease a bunch of songs, I won't need to tour, or at least not far anyways. I'd still go to the CMA Fest or up to Canada in the summer. But it means we could work on building us, our family.'