NYC

'When are where are you traveling to Jenna?' Dr.Goderich asked.

'New York City just a few nights for a television interview,' I replied.

'We're flying, she's good to fly right?' Hunter chimed in.

The doctor nodded, 'A flight to New York is fine' he said, measuring my tummy. 'Anything longer than six hours I say would be uncomfortable' I nodded.

'Okay, so at this point in your pregnancy we can start using a 3D ultrasound if you'd like.' Hunter's hand tightened around mine as the doctor explained how we can use it to see our baby's face.

We opted for the 3D ultrasound, still careful not to reveal the gender. The doctor gave us the new prints and chuckled, 'Your baby doesn't want us to know his or her gender today anyway.'

'That's fine with us,' Hunter laughed along.

'Are you feeling a lot of movement? From muscle twitches, or some women describe them as tickles' I nodded, explaining the event that happened at the piano. The doctor nodded, 'Your baby can hear you. Keep singing and playing music around him or her. As for your next appointment Jenna, we'll see you again in a month. Things are looking good.'

Hunter and I nodded, made our appointment and made our way home to pack for New York.

The fandom in New York was insane. Crowds, girls, media – everything. Hunter and I went into the GMA studio for seven AM on Friday morning to get ready for the nine am show. Hunter was going to do an acoustic performance and both of us were going to be interviewed. Hunter was being fitted for wardrobe while I had my hair and make-up done. We swapped places, I examined the clothes on the rack and settled on black knit leggings and a royal blue dress shirt and silver hoop earrings. Hunter looked phenomenally handsome in his steel grey button up and fitted dark blue jeans. We were wired up with mics and given a ten minute heads up. The hosts came in to see us, and then made their way to the stage.

'We are happy to have country's newest power couple, Hunter and Jenna Hayes here with us today.' On that cue, the audience erupted as Hunter and I walked out hand in hand, shook the cast's hands and were seated. Initially the questions were directed toward the pregnancy and how it would affect our jobs.

'In order for my music to grow, my life needs to keep going,' Hunter said. 'I'm in a new stage in my life. I'm loving being married, and I'm so excited for this baby to join our family.' The 3D ultrasound picture was projected on the big screen, and I couldn't help but smile. A few more questions were directed towards me, balancing my job with singing and now the baby.

'Even though we've been married such a short time, we lived together for a year and a half prior. We've enjoyed living together, living our lives. I believe that everything happens when it's supposed to. This baby was a perfectly timed blessing.'

'Thank you guys so much for coming out, and Hunter, we will be getting a little performance from you after the commercial break.' The audience cheered and we cut to commercial. Hunter geared up for his performance, and I went to the green room for a snack and drink break.

Hunter performed a track called Beautiful from his most recent album. It was one of my favourites from that particular album, but I still held on tight to his older music. He met me in the green room after his performance, we got changed and headed to the hotel.

'How about we have a break and maybe do some shopping?' Hunter asked. I nodded and we hopped into bed and set an alarm. It was one by the time we were up and shopping on Madison Ave. We had a driver escort us throughout the city. I treated myself to a beautiful Coach brand diaper bag, and a new cross body bag. Hunter and I kept shopping, and purchased several different generic I Love NYC baby clothes. We headed out to the Olive Garden for dinner, and although it was packed, we weren't approached by fans which made for a quieter evening.

We packed our bags at the hotel, prepared for our nine am flight back to Tennessee. 'Babe,' I said looking at my calendar, 'Tomorrow is already April fifteenth!'

'Yeah, and?' he asked, zipping up his suitcase.

'I go on my mat leave on May first,' I said excitedly, 'and on April thirtieth is the baby shower event.'

We crawled into bed, exhausted after a busy New York day. We flew out of Kennedy airport, and landed in Tennessee, happy to be home. Hunter and I hit the grocery store on the way home, since being us; we had no food in the fridge.

We pulled up to the house, happy to see Sam watching TV in the living room, 'How was New York? You two looked great on GMA.'

We chatted for a bit, showing him the little purchases we made for the baby. I headed upstairs to put our stuff away, and take a shower. Hunter and Sam headed downstairs to work on some music and schedule the album artwork. After my shower, I hopped online to see about booking a maternity photographer for a little photo shoot. After about an hour of reading reviews and recommendations, I called up one lady, Linda, who had an incredible online gallery.

'Hi, my name is Jenna and I'm looking to book a session for my maternity pictures. I saw your webpage.'

'Yeah, I live in Nashville. Yeah we can do either your studio or my house, I'm happy with either.'

'Yep, my name is Jenna Hayes. I'm twenty eight weeks currently.'

'April sixth at eleven, and what's your address?'

'Perfect, I cannot wait. Thank you so much.' I hung up the phone, excited, and shuffled down the stairs into the basement and informed Hunter. 'Hey babe I scheduled a maternity photo shoot'

He smiled, 'Oh?'

'Yeah, this amazing lady named Linda I found online. She has a studio near the airport.'

'Okay, when?' he asked, opening the calendar app on his phone.

'in two Saturdays.' Hunter nodded, smiling.

'How do you guys feel about pizza?' Both of them looked at me like I was crazy for asking, 'I'll take that as a yes,' I laughed walking back up to the kitchen.

Thirty minutes later the three of us were seated around the kitchen table. I observed Sam, he was looking better, I mean, he finally shaved, and was standing a little taller. I know all he needed was to be around his friends during tough times. 'Do you have Easter plans Sam?'

'Hmm, I will be going to my parent's house on Sunday for lunch, but otherwise no'

'Did you want to come here for Good Friday dinner? My parents and Hunter's will both be here, the more hands, the merrier.'

He nodded, 'Thanks, that'd be great.'