The Announcement

'We are landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport. We hope you enjoyed your flight, and we thank you for flying Air Canada.' Hunter and I were finally in Canada for Christmas. To save time and packing, I mailed our presents two weeks early. We got our luggage and found my parents.

We made our way to the car before speaking. 'How was the flight? We missed you guys!'

'It was good mom,' I said, looking out at the snow covered scenery, 'Lots of snow this year?'

'Not too much, this is just from the weekend. How's Nashville?'

'Good. We had a small dusting of snow, like powder.'  Hunter answered.

After the hour long drive we pulled up to my parent's home. The house smelt of turkey and chocolate chip cookies and the table was set. 'Ali and Jon should be here by five, so another hour, if you guys want some down time.' Hunter and I made our way to the guest room to set our bags and rest up before dinner. My sister was coming in from a bit of a ways up north, where she and her fiancée have a restaurant and automotive shop. The doorbell rang and our family gathered around the table. We decided to do one present each tonight after dinner since my sister and Jon have to leave later tomorrow to attend to their businesses.

After everyone opened their gifts, Hunter and I decided to give my parents a card with pictures of the ultrasound inside, last. The look on their faces was priceless as my mom burst into tears and my dad shook Hunter's hand. 'How long?' my mom choked out.

'Nearly eight weeks' I smiled. 'There's both sonograms in there,' excitedly showed her the first and second pictures, and she put them on the fridge.

'So you're due when?' my sister inquired 'are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy?'

'We want the surprise,' Hunter said.

'And we're due in early July' I said, the excitement trilling through my body.  

On a happy note, everyone headed off to bed. Hunter and I were so happy to start sharing our news with our families. The past eight weeks have been near impossible holding back such a huge secret. After we tell Hunter's parents, we have to tell Hunter's management team.

Christmas dinner with my mom's brothers was fun and hectic. By the end of the day, the whole family learned about the baby. I was sad to be boarding the plane early on the twenty seventh. We hugged at the gate and made our way back to the States.

Four hours later, we were landing in Lafayette. 'How are you feeling sweetie,' Hunter asked, rubbing my back as we walked through the terminal to baggage claim.

'I'm okay. Feeling a bit tired,' I said, retrieving my suitcase from the conveyer. Hunter held my hand, leading the way to the gate.

'I see my parents,' He said. 'You can sleep on the drive, or when we get to the house.' He planted a kiss on my head. We hugged his parents and they led us to the car. The routine with the holidays was pretty well the same wherever we went. We did Christmas presents after dinner, and Leo and Lynette had the same excitement and questions as my family did. They also hung up the ultrasound pictures proudly on their fridge. They excitement about baby talk had Lynette bringing out Hunter's baby pictures, and some of the pictures from his first concerts and festivals. We were up late with hot chocolate and cookies until Hunter claimed he was tired and I needed to rest. We planned on going shopping the next day. 

Grammy outfit shopping was very successful for Hunter. He had a good suit at home, but he bought some new dress shirts. I was feeling kind of bloated, but I would take the bloated feeling over morning vomit any time.

'I have a designer,  Christian Siriano, coming to the house when we get back. Hopefully he can work some magic.' Hunter shook his head and gave me a firm and reassuring hug. 

'You will look beautiful baby.' His smile warmed my heart. I put my arms over his shoulders; he placed his hands on my hips and kissed my nose. I really liked being close in height to Hunter, I loved seeing his eyes straight on.

Hunter gathered his purchases and made his way to check out. We headed back to Hunter's parent's house to get ready for the New Year's party his parents were throwing. Once again, with family everywhere, the ultrasound pictures were the talk of the party.

Lynette mentioned, 'I thought something was up when I found a bottle of sealed wine in your pantry,' she chuckled. 'I wasn't certain, but I had a feeling.' We hugged and laughed about it, and she told me how she told her parents about her pregnancy with Hunter' We are just a phone call away if you ever need anything Jenna.

Everyone gathered in the dining room for the countdown, 'Three! Two! One! Happy new year!'