Chapter 1: Starting Over

Scott's POV

My heart felt empty. Like there was a piece missing. A vital piece for that matter. But, nevertheless, I got up out of my bed, sighing deeply as I did so.

"Hey, Wolfie." Mom smiled at the door as I looked to her, still feeling tired. "Come on, hurry up and get ready for school." I looked back down at the floor below my feet. Not a word escaped my lips. Not even my usual response, which was either a little laugh or a simple 'Alright Mom.'

So many things going through my head, all at once. I couldn't process it all, and it's been so long. I should forget by now. But how can I? We did so much together. We had a past. We would've had a future, if what happened hadn't happened. But I can't blame anyone. I guess, since I was bitten, and I accepted the bite, I kinda looped myself into another world. A world I thought I could handle. A world where I could be different. A world of... Perfection.

"Scott!" I snapped out of my trance and shot my attention to my Mother who was worriedly approaching me. Her hand gently landed on my shoulder and she sat down beside me on my bed. "Are you okay sweetie?"

No. "Yeah." I lied bluntly.

I can't tell her I'm not okay. She already worries for me too much. Ever since I explained about all this Werewolf stuff, she hasn't stopped worrying. There would be nights where she can't even sleep. She'd be tossing and turning in her bed as she slept, calling out my name like she was looking for me desperately. I can't let more pressure onto her. I can't.

"You don't have to go today if you don't want to."

"No!" I got up quickly and she stood up too. "I wanna go. I wanna go today." Her facial expression told me she was still worried. "I'm okay, I swear!" I gave her a satisfactory smile, just so she could believe me a little.

"Okay. But hurry up, or you'll be late." She walked to the door, but stopped just as she was passing through the doorway. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Mom, I am more than okay." I smiled. "I am perfect!" I laughed.

"Okay Mr. Perfect." She mocked, throwing a shirt and pants at me as she left with a smile.

"Perfect my ass" I mumbled in frustration at myself.

~~~~ *** ~~~~

Stiles' POV

"Oh man." I groaned as I sat up from my sleep. Oh God... I haven't been able to say that in a long time. I looked around the room, squinting my eyes to stop the bright sunlight from blinding me. I remember having all those pictures plastered over my walls. The strings linking every incident to another and to a possible suspect.

I got up lazily and walked over to the now empty walls. Observing them carefully.

"Hey." I turned quickly, jumping back at the same time.

"Shit! Dad!" I put my hand to my chest and took a huge sigh of relief. "Don't frickin' do that!"

"Sorry." He walked in slowly, raising his hands. "I just wanted to see if-"

"Dad, I'm fine." I reassured him, fiddling with my clothes.

Since my whole 'Nogitsune Possession' thing, my Dad hasn't looked at me the same. When my Mom was alive, he had a sense of love in his eyes. After she died he... He had a sense of fear, everytime he looked at me. Like he was afraid that... That I'd suffer the same as my Mom. And that he'd have to go through the same events over again. Suffering heartbreak, depression and stress. After the Nogitsune incident, my Dad he, uh... His eyes... They would look at me so differently. Like I was... Different.

"Stiles." I stopped rumbling through my clothes and looked to him. Those eyes... Fear. "I know you're finding it hard considering everything that happened."

I couldn't look him in the eyes. I just couldn't. Knowing what he felt towards me. Knowing what I did to him. I made him feel like he was losing me. I let in the Nogitsune. I tried to kill Scott. I killed Allison. It's my fault. All of it. It's my fault.

"It is not your fault." Dad practically yelled in my face.

"Did I say that out loud?" I mumbled. Dad sighed deeply.

"Stiles. It is not your fault. None of it is your fault."

"Yeah, it kinda is." I gave in and flopped onto my bed. Dad sat beside me steadily. "If I didn't let that thing in none of it would've happened." I looked to Dad and he had another look in his eyes which I hadn't seen. Understanding. Did he understand what I was going through? Did he really understand? He wasn't questioning me or saying how rediculous I sound like he usually does.

"If you hadn't let it in, it would've fed off your fear to get stronger than we imagined." Dad explained.

"I tried to kill my best friend. I made you feel like you were losing me, like how you felt when... We were losing Mom."

"Look at me Stiles." I obeyed his order. "Don't you ever think that. You are my son. You will always be my son. And I will always have you in my heart." True love and affection gleamed in his eyes. "Always." I felt my eyes filling with tears.

"I'm sorry Dad." I hugged him and let the tears flow. I didn't want him to lose me. And more importantly, I didn't want to lose him.

A/N:

Hey Everyone! It's TheAmericanWannabe here.

So, I've always been a HUGE Teen Wolf Fan and an even bigger fan of Dylan O'Brien.

So, recently, I decided to make a FanFiction of the Series. Considering that Season 3 is now over *Wipes Tears* and Season 4 is airing soon, I knew I'd die just by waiting until the release of Season 4.

So, here's the first chapter and I really hope you all enjoyed it.

If you did, please click the Vote button and Comment your thoughts below!

TheAmericanWannabe OUT! Xx