Unexpected at the Least

-Travis' POV-

     After calming Dante's nerves, I picked up my stuff and headed into my room. Zane was already in there, taking stuff out and putting it in the closet by his bed. I smiled as I heard him softly humming along to the music coming through his headphones, then I places my own earbuds in and clicked shuffle. After a while, all of my stuff was organized, I looked over at Zane who seemed to be reading, or something. I grabbed a notebook and a pencil I had and began opened it up to the next clean page. When I was at Phoenix Drop and Aphmau took me to that painting place, they said I was actually pretty good. I guess it's just easier then saying how I feel. The song I was listening to clicked off and I heard a familiar tune turn on.

     "The kids in the dark, the kids in the dark..." The song rang into my ears. I tried to ignore the lyrics and continued to draw and write a few things. After a while the words in the song began to come onto the page. "They left us alone, the kids in the dark! To burn out forever, or light up a spark!" I closed my eyes and tried to shut up my head even though my hand kept drawing. "What a shame! What a shame! Beautiful scars on, critical veins!" I gritted my teeth and looked down at my page. That's great, just my emotions.....

     I looked at it and tried not to see how much the crying boy with clenched fiats looked like me, it was kind of terrifying to think of it like that. I signed my name in the corner and stared at it for a while, yeah, this notebook is like my thoughts in pictures. So it doesn't matter if people can read or not I guess. I felt eyes on my and glanced up. Zane was looking at the page, his headphones hanging around his neck. I slipped my earbuds out.

     "I-I'm sorry, what did you say, I couldn't hear you." I asked with a nervous smile.

     He sighed. "I said, are you okay? You look a little," he paused then glanced down, "upset, or sad." He mumbled the last part, but he knew I heard him clearly. 

     I closed my notebook and looked at him. "Yeah, I'm fine Zane, just thinking."

     "It's a miracle, he can think!" He joked with a smirk.

     "Hey!" I said, lightly chuckling as I have his a playful slug in the shoulder.

     We continued talking for a while, then decided to  watch a show on the TV, I locked the door and hopped onto Zanes bed without permission, I then turned a My Little Horsies episode on, as it was the new season. I knew that because that was his main focus during our conversations, though he tried to cover up with transparent excuses. He looked at me curious, but a also  happily when I placed the remote down after choosing the show.

     "You know, we don't have to watch this... I mean, not that I care...." he said defiantly. 

     I laughed. "Zane, it's fine, I'm not here to judge. Besides, you can say Aph said that you needed to before you guys hung out again." I winked playfully at him and a small smile showed through his mask. 

-Zane's POV-

     I looked back over to the TV. Why was Travis being so... well, nice, and friendly, and not perverted. Flirty maybe, but not pervy, at least not right now. I unconsciously leaned onto his shoulder as the night went on, and soon I was lying on him, my eyes closed and almost asleep. I heard the TV turn off and I was then tucked into a pillow and under a soft blanket. There was a knock. "Psst! Travis?! It's Aph!" She whisper shouted through the door. He hushed her and then tucked me in a bit before turning around to face her.

     "He's sleeping, don't wake him up." He said in a stern whisper, she nodded in response.

     "So, have you thought about what I said?" She asked.

     Travis let out a sign, and I forced myself to keep faking my sleep. "Yeah, a lot. And I think I should be his friend before anything else, you know?" He said.

     She smiled and nodded. "That's a great idea, well, I better go to bed. Night TraaAAAaaaAAAvis" she whispered loudly. He rolled his eyes.

     "Night not-alone-buddy." He said as she left. He dimmed the lights and then looked over at me before going to his own bed and ducking under his own covers.

     Travis said he..... He never told me he was Gay? Or maybe he's Bi? Or maybe I'm overreacting or complicating things way more then I should. That was unexpected at the least, and I wasn't exactly sure how to take it, but I guess before today I didn't know he liked to draw. I sighed and fell asleep, letting my dreams sweep me away.

A/N    Heyyyyyyyy guys!!! Sorry this took so long, I had cheer practice, well, still do, but I was busy this week more then usual. If you can't tell, each chapter is about a different ship, hopefully that'll even things out. And I was wondering if I should leave a link to the songs I have them listen to or put them in each chapter, if you think I should leave a comment! Well, gotta go! Byyyyeeeeeeeeee!!!