...Something Wrong In The Village...

Song; The Village
Artist: Wrabel
(Should I put the title and artist after all the songs..?)

-Zane's POV-
     Four months until they came back.
     At first I didn't understand why I couldn't fly out to see them, to see him.
      Then I realized that the people looking for my family would notice.... they'd catch on.
     I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I'd made a few friends, but nobody seemed to understand them. Because they were kinda like me...
We weren't all straight.
We weren't all gender-specified.
We weren't all considered normal.
I remember having to run behind Garroth once with my friend Lex because she came out to her friends about her sexuality, and one of them wasn't, well, happy about it. Gar literally had to defend us by taking punches to the gut to prevent either of us from getting hurt.
Then the cops showed up.
At first we all expected them to put us in the wrong because of our sexual orientation, but something else happened. After hearing both sides of the story the boy that tried to hurt us said, "They aren't normal, it's messing with everyone's heads and it's not helping anyone."
In the blink of an eye, Garroth was in front of us again. "Excuse me..? She told you she was lesbian because she trusted you more than anyone else, you know how lucky you are..?" He locked eyes with him. "If I had just told my boyfriend I loved him when I was in high school, I wouldn't be an ocean away from him, there would've been no trip that made it easier for us to leave..!" He looked away again. "And if you want to give me another bloody nose, go ahead. I'm done with you telling me that love is wrong."
Then it got quiet. Not even the police dared to object, then they turned to the group opposing us. "We're going to have to ask you to come with us."
And that was the end of it.
I never realized how much Garroth really loved Laurence.
As I was about to leave the room, my phone buzzed. I picked it up and answered it. "Hey Cupcake, how've you been...?"
That was another thing. Travis doesn't know, about any of the terrible things that happened.
"Good, how about you?" I said, forcing a grin.
"So no crazed guys attacking you while police ran over?"
"How'd you-"
"Vylad."
"O-Oh...."
His voice got quiet. "Babe, you should've told me..."

-Travis's POV-
"I-I'm sorry..." he stammered.
I felt my eyes begin to water "I just worry about you.."
"I-I know-"
"I love you too much to let them hurt you."
"T-Travis...?"
"Yeah, Zane...?"
"I love you... a-a lot...."
"I love you too, I miss you..."
He chuckled. "You have no clue..."
I smiled weakly. "I think I just might, Cupcake."
"Sure, Snowflake, sure..."
It was silent for a moment, then I spoke up, softly. "Four more months..."
"W-What...?"
"That's how long until you come home," I blinked back a tear,"until I can kiss your cute little face again..."
I heard him laugh through tears that I could almost see on his gentle expression. "I-I don't know how I've lived this long..."
"N-Neither do I."
"How's the house...?"
"It's good, nice size, perfect yard," I sighed, "it'll be better when you get here, though."
"I can't wait."
"Me neither, Cupcake."
I heard muffled voices on the other end and then his voice. "Hey, I've got to go, I love you."
"I love you too, and Zane..?"
"Yes Travis..?"
"If anyone touches you, tell me, and I will destroy them."
He chuckled and hung up after we said I love you once more over the phone. I love him more then I thought was humanly possible.
And I never want to stop loving him. I don't think I could if I did want to, anyway, he just kind of stole my heart. And I'm glad he did. Because I love him more then I could ever love myself.
I collapsed on my bed and closed my eyes. I knew I'd slip into sleep, but at least he'd be in my dreams. So, I let myself fade into a dark, disturb-less slumber. Drifting off into the places I craved to be.
Ironically, Zane was in every single one of them.