When The Sun Rises

-Laurence's POV-

I swung my legs over the side of my bed with a sigh, I just couldn't seem to fall back asleep. I woke up about an hour ago to get a drink of water and my eyes didn't seem to want to shut again. I looked over at the clock. "2:13 am?!" I whisper shouted, not wanting to wake Garroth up. I mean, the two of us have been best friends for as long as I can remember, and I guess I've always been afraid of screwing that up. With, messing up our relationship, so I never dared pushing him away, or pulling him closer. It was like a square he had to stay in and if he got close to the edge, I'd try to put him back in. I groaned and rested my head in my hands. "Stupid emotions, life would be so much simpler if they didn't exist..."

"It would be pointless..." I heard a tired voice say, Garroth. I woke him up, good going Laurence! His voice was a little husky, but more suave like it was back in high school. He sat up and looked over at me.

I cocked my head at him in curiosity. "What do you mean?" I asked hesitantly, not sure exactly where this was going.

"Well, if we didn't have emotions we couldn't feel anything, we'd be robots, so if someone died, we'd have no desire to save them, so there would be no cures for diseases. Population would die out due to reproduction issues because nobody loves each other. You may not feel heartache, or sadness, or depression, or even anger. But you can't ever be happy either. Like when your whole body was a rainbow of colors, that got turned gray." He said looking down at his sheets while fidgeting with his hands. I had no idea he thought about stuff like that. I nodded in understanding.

"Garroth..?" I asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah..?" He looked up at me, a piece of his hair falling into his eyes.

I glanced at the floor. "What if I missed my shot..? He looked at me confused. "At love, I mean. What if I was supposed to meet someone, but I took a wrong turn one day? What if they're somebody I know? What if this entire time I've been blind? What if....." I paused and bowed my head. "What if it is pointless for me...?" I said quietly.

I expected him to tell me I was worth more, or sit there is shocked silence. After all, those were the words I'd been saying since graduating high school. I was about to apologize for being so weak when I felt his arms wrap around me tightly. I was a little shocked for a moment, but I eventually wrapped my arms around him gripping his shirt and burying my face into the crook of his neck. I felt tears stinging my cheeks and I tried to stifle a sob.

He just held me tighter. "Laurence, don't you ever feel that way about yourself, you have done so much already, we couldn't bare to loose you. Travis needs you, Dante needs you, my brothers need you, Aph, Aaron, Katelyn, and KC need you. Your sister needs you..." his grip increased slightly."Laurence, I need you..."

I was shocked for a moment but just let the soft tears flow out of my eyes and after they cleared we pulled out of the embrace and he looked me over before wiping away the tear stains on my cheeks. "Now, I have something I want to show you... promise not to tease." He smiled warmly.

"Promise." I said, his smile lighting me up already. He pulled out a journal.

-Garroth's POV-

I flipped my journal over to a page and grinned. "So I was kind of bored so I wrote a song in the car yesterday..." he said sheepishly.

"Ah, so that's why you were humming..." He mumbled.

"I mean... I can't sing too well..." this is where he cut me off with a light chuckle.

"Garroth, you can too sing and you know it, you just choose to sound like a dying bird as a joke. Don't you lie to me..." He said jokingly.

I blushed under the dim light in the room then cleared my throat. "Fine...." I took a deep breath. "I was alone, walking alone. Had nothing much, just some money and a phone. But you picked me up from off of the ground dusted my shoulders, turned my life around. I can't thank you enough, for teaching me to be tough." My eyes closed. "When the sun rises, I'll wrap my arms around you. When the nights freezes I'll keep you warm. Because when if your here when the sun rises, I'm already home." I looked up at him. "That's the first verse and the chorus, anyway...." (P.S. Song is actually by me, so, ya know COPYRIGHT)

He looked at me in amazement. "Garroth! That was amazing!!!" He said.

I smiled and bowed slightly, "Thank you, thank you..." He laughed lightly. I looked at the clock. "We better get to bed, it's already 3:00 am, I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

He smiled up at me. "Yeah... and thanks."

I looked at him. "For what?"

"For being my best friend..." he said shyly. I have him a quick hug then smiled. "Always." We hopped into our beds. "Night Laurence." I said tiredly.

"Night Garroth." He said with a yawn.

And with that, my eyes closed, and I drifted off into a deep dream.