Numbers

-Laurence's POV-

      I was downstairs eating some sweets Kawaii-Chan put out when Zane and Travis came tumbling in laughing. I chuckled softly as they chose their sweets, Zane looked happy. It was kind of weird, but in a good way. Garroth probably didn't like the fact Travis made him so happy, but I guess One-Eye just had his own taste in friends. I sighed and took another bite. 

      Garroth eyed the two others in the room suspiciously, but shrugged it off. "Hey Garroth," I said after I swallowed, "cupcake?" I asked gesturing to the plate of sweets.

     His smile faltered a bit, most wouldn't have even noticed it but I did, then he shook his head no. "I'm good Laurence, I had a, um, big breakfast."

     Actually, after Vylad left, he stopped eating, not even clearing half the plate. Something was up, no question. Without another word I dragged him upstairs to the second floor where we were staying. He tried to escape my grip and kept questioning me. I didn't say anything until we reached the bedroom. I shut and locked the door behind us. "Laurence?! What in Irene's name did you do that for?!" He said clearly confused, or pretending to be.

     "Garroth," I sighed,"we need to talk."

     He sat down on his bed. "O-Okay..."

     "Garroth, what's going on? You haven't been eating as much, and  I can't begin to describe how quiet you've been..." I began, listing off things. "Garroth, I'm worried."

     He looked down at the floor. "I guess I just don't like me..." he mumbled 

     I looked at him, he was choking, not on food, but on his own sobbing. I had no idea. I leaned down and wrapped my arms around the blonde. He hugged me back tightly. "I'm sorry Garroth, I should've been more understanding."

      "It's okay Laur.... y-you didn't know." He stammered, his tears slowing down. "I'm just supposed to be the perfect child, and I can't help but look in the mirror and want to fix things."

     "Garroth, you're perfect the way you are." I said looking him in the eyes. "You don't need to change anything." 

     "I-I can't even make up my own emotions, I-I'm a m-mess...."

     "What do you mean?"

      He but his lip, I wiped his tear stained cheeks and looked up at him. He sighed. "I think I like someone..."

     "R-Really?" I asked. A knot in my stomach tied, it did this every time Garroth told me that. That's why I tried to love other people... it never worked out. Out of the millions of people on this earth,  out of the biggest number I could think of, he was the only one. Just him. He was always there, like a star in the sky, just there, never leaving. 

     "Y-Y-Yeah..." he looked down.

     "Wh-What's her name."

     He smiled softly. "It's a he."

-Garroth's POV-

     As soon as the words left my mouth I regretted speaking at all. I waited for hiM to yell at me. 

     How pathetic, I can't believe we were ever friends. I can't even look at you. You shouldn't have said anything. Worthless. Weak. Unwanted. Failure.

    I squeezed my eyes shut. That was how people reacted the first time I liked a guy, I thought maybe I could tell Laurence, after all, he was one in a million. But his eyes widened slightly and he didn't speak. I braced myself for more heartache, but when I finally looked at him again, his expression was soft and tender. "He's a very lucky guy."

     I smiled. "Thanks, I-I guess..." I stuttered. "He's really cool, but there's one problem."

     He looked at me questioningly. "What is it?"

     "I think I might like someone else too."

     Laurence looked like he was going to blow up, but he just looked me in the eyes. "Tell me about them." 

     "Well, they're both super funny, and I feel like I've known them forever. Except, I barely see the first one due to distance.... but I swear I see the other all the time. I don't think I could thrive without him. He has eyes that I could just melt under, and his voice in the morning is enough to make me stutter..." I closed my eyes and averted letting him know that those eyes were a baby blue that always caught the light just right, and that he had a light brown mop of hair on his head that always seemed to be in place. "And I couldn't live without him."

     He looked down, keeping a faint smile on his lips. "He.. sounds perfect." He said somewhat sadly. "What's his name..?" He asked hesitantly.

     I took a deep breathe. "Laurence Zvhal."

     "W-What..?"

     "I-I like you, Laurence..." I said softly clenching my fists. "A-And I understand if you don't feel th-the same way, but I had t-to tell you." I stood up and started to walk away, when I felt a hand grab my wrist. "Wh-What are you do-"

     I was cut off as a soft pair of lips met mine, I kissed back instinctively. I could've stayed there forever, but humans need this stupid thing called air, so we backed away slowly, he tipped my chin up to look at him. "Garroth, I swear, you have no idea how long I've wanted to hear that." He said smiling at me.

     "R-Really..?"

     "Yeah... Garroth, I-I love you." He stammered.

     I kissed him again quickly, knowing if it wasn't fast I wouldn't leave his lips alone. "I love you too Laurence." I smiled.

     I guess out of the millions of people, the hundreds of relationships, the one and only one I needed was here all along. And it was then I realized the numbers never mattered.