Chapter 8

•Naruko POV•

I was talking with Hinoto, while Neji, and, Kiba, have their little debate about caterpillars. "Really, when are those two going to stop arguing." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Ha, I-I think i-it's q-q-quite f-funny really." "Hinoto, work on your stuttering, be more confident, don't hesitate on your words." I said sternly, he nodded, and, we chatted for a little longer.

"Oi! Who wants to take first watch?" I raised my hand, and, I exited the tent. "Wake me after five hours." Kakashi-Sensai informed me. I had insomnia, so... It was going to take me a long time to go to sleep.

•Time Skip 'cause why not?•

It was morning now, and, I had just changed my kimono into a blue kimono.

And, I still had the same fan of course. I was fanning myself, and, I was getting bored, so I decided to start singing a little, but I didn't realise how loud I really was.

I was dancing beautifully, and, didn't notice everybody had come out of their tents. "Cover my eyes, cover my ears, tell me these words are a... Lie." I finished singing, and, I heard a single clap. I quickly turned around, and, saw everybody had come out. "Um... I was quite bored you see, and, umm.." I awkwardly tried to explain my reasoning.

"Your voice is beautiful, Naru-Chan!" Kiba exclaimed. "Yes, I'd want you to sing me to sleep every night." Neji complimented. "But, more importantly, did you stay up all night?" Kakashi-Sensai asked. "Yes, I cannot sleep very well on most nights." He nods his head, and, he carries me bridal style. "You'll be sleeping starting now." I looked up at him, and, I shook my head playfully, a smile tugging at my lips.

"Fine, but you must put me down the moment we are there." I demanded. "Hai." We started to continue, when I felt myself falling asleep. "Kakashi-Niisan, I think.... I'm falling......... Asleep..." I fully fell asleep, and, dreamed of caterpillars. Weird. When I woke up, I was in a bed, and, I saw Kakashi-Niisan, and, Neji talking about something, I couldn't register it just yet.

I got up, and, I grabbed my fan, and, started fanning myself. "Why is it always so hot?" I asked myself. "Because summer is near." Neji answered. "Of course it is."