Chapter 18

He really is dating Tenten... He left me for... Her... No. Naruko you still love Kimikoi. Don't fall for him again. Don't. He will break your heart again, and it will be a never-ending cycle. Don't do it Naruko.

"Hey! Kiba, Shi-" Neji's sentence was cut short, as he saw a short-haired blonde, and blue kimono wearing girl, he froze. Tenten's arm still wrapped around his. He stared at me nervously, and he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"Hello. Neji," My voice dripping with venom. "Aren't you having a lovely time?" Mockery evident in my voice.

"I-I really am sorry, Naruko. I didn't mean to hurt you. I really didn't mean to!" I cocked a eybrow up. "It really is true! Naruko! Please believe me!" His eyes begging me. Begging me to forgive him.

"If you meant, not to hurt me. You did a fantastically, absolutely, horrific job, Neji!" I exclaimed. Sarcasm thtown about everywhere.

"Naruko! That note wasn't meant for you! It was meant for..." He hesitated.

"Well? Who was it meant for, Neji!" My voice rising in volume.

"It was meant for Tenten! Okay? It was meant for... Tenten," his voice had decreased in volume, and I couldn't believe my ears.

"When..."

"Excuse me?" Neji looked confused.

"When... When did you start dating Tenten?!" I screamed. Grabbing attention from more passerbyers.

"I... I started a couple of days after I started dating you, Naruko," he looked down at the dust caked ground. His hands balled into fist, and his hands were trembling. "I-I didn't mean to start dating her. I-It's just that... It was in the spur of the moment. I'm sorry. I made a stupid decision," he looked up at me. His eyes were glazed. "Will you please go out with me again?"

He stretched out his hand. And I was about to reach out, when I remembered Kimikoi. How we had told each other 'I love you' more than me and Neji did in only ten days. We had a deeper connection, and I don't want to ruin that connection.

I reached out my hand, and I placed upon his.

A smile erupted upon his face.

"Neji... I..."