Chapter 16

"Kimikoi, I need to go back.
Alright? I'll see you soon, don't worry." He nodded reluctantly, but let go of my hand.

"You promise?"
"Promise."

I waved goodbye to him, and I hurriedly made my way back to the resort.

The lights were on in only one room. Tenten's room. I tried to muffle a cry, and the silhouettes suddenly stopped moving, and opened the window. I put my hand over my mouth, and I think I still love Neji.

"N-Naruko?"

Neji's voice rang out in the silent night, piercing my heart like a spear. I let my sobs out, and I ran away, inside the woods. My sobs were loud, but I was deep in the woods. My sobs drowned out the calling of my name, and Kimikoi probably already went home. I have no comfort.

Soon, my sobs had slowly stopped, and I was just staring blankly, at the silver grass. The slight drops of rain, signaling that I should fine better cover than a tree with many holes. I slowly stood, and I walked slowly back towards the resort. However the

urge to let them worry more was too strong, and I went back to my tree

I took the time to study the tree, and it was a willow tree. You usually find them near rivers, or lakes though.

"It's branches won't protect me from the rain very well though."

I mumbled to myself. I settled down against the trunk until I was comfortable, and I almost, immediately fell asleep.

•Time Skip•

The next morning, my back was a little sore, but no major pain hit me though. I heard my name being called, and I walked a little diagonal to the voice.

Suddenly, loud footsteps came from my left. I turned quickly, and I saw Kiba rushing towards me, with Akamaru in the lead. Then Shikamaru and Neji followed on his heals, with Tenten next to Neji. Before they could reach me, I turned, and I ran. I ran like when the villagers were chasing me when I was younger.

My kimono ripping, as the brambles and the thorns of the underbrush grabbed at it, trying to slow my progress. One bush was able to snatch on to my kimono, and I fell, as the kimono held me back.

"No! Please, Kimi. No."

I tugged at my kimono, and I was able to rip it free, but they caught up a lot, almost up to where I was. I scrambled to my feet, and I hurriedly ran, trying to make up the distance. Then I felt someone grab my kimono, and I yelped.

"No! Please! No! Itachi-Nee!! Help me, please!!"

I cried out for Itachi, but he didn't appear. Of course he didn't, he's probably sleeping right now.

"Tou-San! Kaa-San!! Please help me!!"

They were dead, no longer alive. Atleast, they didn't even care for me anyways. I stopped calling for help, and just went limp. I cried like last night, my sobs racking my body. I let them drag me to my feet, and drag me back to the resort, I didn't care anymore. I just want to be away from Neji, and Tenten.

•Time Skip•

"Naruko what were you thinking! You made us worried sick!!" Kakashi-Sensei scolded.

"Leave me alone!! I don't want to be here!! I hate you!!" I screamed violently, and I thrashed around in his grip.

"I hate all of you!! I hope you all die!!" I screamed, kicked, and attempted to punch Kakashi-Sensei, but to no avail. I felt hopeless.

"Naruko, what is wrong with you?" Neji had the nerve to look disgusted.

"ESPECIALLY YOU!! I HATE YOU!! YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO LOOK DISGUSTED!! YOU'RE THE DISGUSTING ONE!!" I flailed at him, kicking my legs at him. My screams, turning into sobs. "Just kill me already." I whispered quietly, then my voice getting lost in my sobs.

Everyone looked at me, shock evident on their faces, and pity in their eyes. I sobbed harder than before, I don't want to be here, I'd rather be hunted by the villagers, and beaten relentlessly than be in this situation.

And I blacked out after some time.

And I saw complete darkness, I roamed around in this complete darkness, and towards ice. It gave off a icey blue glow, and I felt attracted to it. I touched it slightly, and it froze my hand. Then it traveled up my arm, throughout my body, and finally. It ingulfed my heart. My soul. And my mind.

It was warm, but cold too. A weird feeling. Like I was fine, but I wasn't fine at all, the opposite really.

My eyes closed. I felt nothing, for the first time.

Completely nothing.