The Night of the Comet-Part 1

First Person POV

I woke up this morning to the sun shining in my face, practically blinding me. God, why does it have to be so bright, it makes me happy but also mad because it hurts my eyes. I used to love the sun, believe me I did, but ever since Elena and I's birthday over the summer, it's been killing me. I have been wearing long sleeves because it feels like the sun is literally burning my skin off. Elena asked me why I was doing that all the sudden because I used to wear short sleeves and tank tops so that I could somewhat of a tan. I just don't know what is going on. A lot of weird things have been happening to me since my 17th birthday.

Anyways, enough about that, I need to write in my diary before I start getting ready for the day. I went to my hiding spot and grabbed my diary, looking out in the hallway just to make sure that no one was spying to see where it was. I then walked over to my window seat and opened my diary to the next blank page.

Dear Diary,

It's weird. I know I have been writing in here since my birthday about the strange things that have been happening to me. However, I have never said exactly what they were. For one thing, it is beautiful and sunny out. A wonderful way to start the day, don't you think? But, it doesn't help the I feel like I am on fire every time I leave the house without a jacket or sweater on. It sucks. How am I supposed to have a sexy tan if I can't even wear sexy clothes? Anyway, that's not the only thing. Sometimes when I am angry, I will start ranting to myself, just pacing around like any normal angry person would do, but then I will throw my hands out or move them around, and a glass will go fling across the room. Like, what the hell? How does that happen? It's freaking weird. And this always happens when I am alone. Every time. So then someone hears it and comes running into the kitchen or wherever I am and thinks that I did it on purpose. I didn't though. If it's Jenna that comes in then I'm screwed. She yells at me, saying that me acting out like this is inappropriate. I then proceed to tell her it wasn't on purpose and explain what happened. When I try to show her what happened, it doesn't work, ever. And then just this past weekend, Vicki was attacked by something in the woods. I have no clue what it was, but it was freaking terrible. Her neck was like gushing blood. I was nice enough to stabilize her wound, but I kept smelling something delicious the whole time. I couldn't figure out what it was. After the ambulance got there, they took her and began prepping her to leave, but I was still left with blood on my hands. I realized that whatever I was smelling didn't really become noticeable to me until Vicki was found. I got curious and sniffed my hand, and oh my god. Let me tell you, it smelt delicious. It was possibly the greatest thing I had ever smelled in my entire life. I just became so entranced with it, I was just moving my hand around, watching how the little drops that were still on my hand moved around. I started to bring it up to my mouth, so I could see if it tastes as good as it smells, but my sister walked up to me and snapped me out of it. She then told me that the EMT has some wipes to use to clean my hands, but I wasn't so sure I wanted to.

When I got done writing in my diary I put my pen inside of it and put it back in it's hiding place. It's honestly pretty clever. Jer and Elena hate when I hide stuff because of how good I am at it. Trust me, Jeremy snuck into my room one time so that he could find my diary and show it to Ethan to embarrass me, but he spent so much time searching for it that I caught him and he got in trouble with mom and dad. If you're wondering what my hiding spot is, I'll tell you. There his this loose floorboard under my rug, I can take it out of the floor and put things in there. The good thing is it doesn't squeak or creak when you step on it. THANK GOD! I would die if Jeremy or actually anybody ever got it.

After I did that I went into my bathroom to begin my morning routine. I go over to my shower and turn it on, turning it up to the perfect temperature. I strip down and hop in, washing my hair with my strawberry shampoo and conditioner and washing my body with my strawberry body wash. After that, I get out and turn on my curling iron. As I wait for my curling iron to warm up I begin to get dressed in the outfit I have picked out for today. I planned on wearing my white dress with pink flowers and blue leaves, a blue sweater, pink floral heals, rose gold bow necklace, and pink flower earrings. After I got dressed I went over to my bathroom and dried my hair into its naturally straight state. I proceeded over to my vanity in my room where I began to do my makeup. I put on my foundation, concealer, blush, eyeliner, and mascara. I prefer the natural look when it comes to my makeup. After that I walked into my bathroom and begin curling my hair to perfection.