I Need to Get Away For a While

First Person POV

	I woke up with morning with a stuffy nose and my eyes stinging

I woke up with morning with a stuffy nose and my eyes stinging. That's the price to pay when you spent most of your night sobbing into your pillow. I still can't believe that Vicki is dead. She was Matt's sister and was so young, and now she's dead. And no one has a clue. I have to keep this ginormous secret from my best friends and my family. I don't know how I am going to be able to do this. Keeping a secret about me being a vampire is one thing, but keeping someone being dead a secret is another.

Anyways, after I woke up I went downstairs to get something to eat. When I walked into the kitchen I was shocked to see Jenna sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"What the hell are you doing home? I thought you weren't supposed to be home until later in the day," I told her in confusion.

"Yeah, so did I. However, when I showed up to the Halloween party Logan was a no show, like he was two days ago. So, I decided to drink my weight in vodka and fruity mixed beverages and then called it a night," She explained to me bitterly as she stabbed her fork into her waffle she made.

"I'm sorry, Jenna. I'm sure Logan had a good reason for not calling you or anything like that," I said to her sympathetically, hating myself for lying to her at the same time.

"Well, I hope he does. Otherwise he better not try and contact me in any way, shape, or form," Jenna shrugged at me before going back to her waffle.

"I don't think you're going to have to worry about that," I muttered out.

Jenna looked at me in confusion before questioning me. "What did you say?"

"Nothing," I shrugged before looking over at the island. "Please tell me you didn't just make yourself a waffle."

"No, I didn't. I didn't know when any of you would be up so I left the waffle maker out for you and put the batter in the fridge," She gestured, causing me to give her a thankful nod.

I made my waffle and sat down next to Jenna at the table and the two of us enjoyed our waffles in silence. After maybe thirty minutes I looked up at Jenna from the corner of my eye and cleared my throat to grab her attention.

"Hey, Jenna," I said, causing her to look up at me briefly.

"Yeah, what is it, Bells," She questioned me curiously.

"Um, I was just wondering if you would be totally against me getting out of town for a while? A lot has been going on and I've been getting frustrated and upset a lot lately and I feel like if I got out of town for awhile I would feel a lot better," I asked her hesitantly.

"Well, how long is awhile," She questioned me curiously as she looked back down to her waffle to eat.

"Uh, 3 or 4 days," I told her with uncertainty.