Thank God, I Love My Bed

First Person POV

"WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!"

I pulled my phone away from my ear with a wince when she screamed this at me. I knew I should have put her on speaker phone because I also knew she was going to react like this.

"Caroline, please keep the yelling to a minimum. I think you just blew my eardrum out. But, yes, I am being serious," I told her as I packed all of my items back in my bag and situated it to where it all fit.

"Your birth mother just left a completely furnished house in California, thousands of dollars in jewelry, and 4 million dollars for you and Elena to inherit," I heard her whispering down the phone, obviously not wanting anyone to hear her.

"Yeah, pretty much. Apparently, Elena and I come from a very wealthy family. I mean, I knew the Halliwells were rich back in the 1800's when they founded Mystic Falls, but I had no idea that we were loaded," I explained to her as I took the safe deposit box key and stuffed it down in the bag so I wouldn't lose it and no one would find it.

"Wow, I did not see that coming. Well, at least you won't have to worry about paying for college in the future," She said as a joke.

"No kidding. How are you calling me right now? Isn't school still in session," I asked her in confusion.

"Oh, yeah, school is still in session. However, when I got your unexpected text during English, I immediately knew I had to call you as soon as possible. So, it is lunch time now, and I am doing everything in my power right now to stay away from your twin sister so she doesn't hear my conversation with you," She explained to me.

"Okay, makes sense now. Well, I gotta go anyways. Enjoy your lunch, I have to get changed before Zach comes upstairs to tell me it's time to go. I should be back tomorrow morning, but I won't be at school. Jenna wants me to have a day to recuperate from the trip," I explained to her as I zipped up my bag and grabbed my clothes to change in the bathroom.

"Okay, have a safe trip. When you come back, we will go out and spend some of your money you inherited and have some retail therapy. We both know that we both need it," She sighed out.

"Okay, Caroline. I love you, bye," I chuckled out.

The young girl told me bye before hanging up the phone. I threw my phone on the bed before I walked into the bathroom. I threw my clothes I was wearing on the floor and changed into the sports bra, shorts, and t-shirt I brought to wear back home. 

By the time I was done changing, Zach was in our room packing his bag

By the time I was done changing, Zach was in our room packing his bag. I walked past him with a smile and unzipped my bag to put my dress, heels, jean jacket, and purse inside of it. I bent down to pull my Nikes on before looking up at Zach.

"Are you ready to go," I asked as I grabbed my bad and threw it over my shoulder.

"Yep, I called Jenna, told her we were getting ready to leave. I checked out, so we are good here. Make sure you have everything. And the valet is bringing the car around now," Zach said as he put his shirt in his bag.