Fool Me Once-Part 2

First Person POV

First Person POV

I walked into the library of the boarding house to find Damon gathering some things together and putting on his leather jacket. I walked further into the room and began taking my scarf off as Damon turned around and noticed me. He froze and watched me walk into the room, causing me to give him a small smile in response. Damon looked like he had relief in his eyes at seeing me, but I watched it turn to an icy cold glare not to long after.

"I'm going to have to change the locks," Damon said before picking up the grimoire. "Did you stage a jailbreak," He questioned me.

"Uh, sort of. I managed to stage one long enough for Elena to get away. Stefan had to come and save me and Bonnie," I explained to him.

"Oh, brother. Ever the white knight," Damon said to me sarcastically.

I stared at him for a few moments in thought before I decided to get why I actually came here over with. "I convinced Bonnie to help me open the tomb for you."

"I doubt that," He answered immediately.

I stared at him for a moment before I scoffed and started walking father into the room. "I'm not going to say that I'm sorry we got the grimoire without you last night, because I'm not, really."

"Well, at least your honest," Damon nodded at me as I walked down the stairs and into the lower portion of the library.

"I was protecting the people I love, Damon. But so were you, in your own, twisted way. And as hard as it is to figure, we're all on the same side, after the same thing," I continued as I walked closer to him.

"Not interested," He denied, starting to walk out of the room.

"Yes, you are. Because you were willing to work with us yesterday. Plus, you know you need my help anyways. You need Elizabeth's grimoire to open the tomb," I said quickly, trying to get him to stop.

"Fool me once, shame on you," Damon told me darkly. "Now, where is Elizabeth's grimoire."

"Somewhere safe. Stefan already went and got it from where it was being stored. It is currently at the Bennett's, where Sheila and Bonnie are ready to light it on fire if they don't hear back from me within the next hour."

"Well, then I guess I'm just going to have to come up with some sort of plan to get the grimoire from them without you," Damon shrugged at me.

I felt myself becoming frustrated with the way Damon was acting, because he was being unreasonable. If anybody should be worried about trusting another person, it should be me with him. He was going to snap my neck if Stefan didn't give him the grimoire. Damon started towards the door again, and I sighed before blurting out the first thing that could come to mind to make him listen to me.

"Okay, when we were in Atlanta, why didn't you use your compulsion on me?"

Damon turned back around and looked at me with pure annoyance on his face. He set the grimoire down on the table and walked towards me, crossing his arms over his chest.