Family Ties-Part 1

First Person POV

	I woke up to something slamming down stairs, causing me to shoot up in bed and worry that someone was here trying to hurt my family

I woke up to something slamming down stairs, causing me to shoot up in bed and worry that someone was here trying to hurt my family. I quietly started getting out of bed, until I heard Elena calling out to who or what ever is in our house. Once I heard her I jumped out of bed quicker and opened my door, slightly scaring my sister in the process.

"Elena, what are you doing up? Go back to bed," I told her, trying to steer her away from the possible danger downstairs.

"Bella, someone is in the house. We have to do something," She said to me quietly.

"Okay, I will. Go back to bed," I told her, but then a shadow moving across the floor quickly downstairs grabbed her attention again, causing her to run down the stairs.

I followed after her immediately, saying her name so I could get her attention and make her come back upstairs, but it was no use. She continued walking and ignoring me until she reached the kitchen, me not to far behind her.

"Hello," She called out, causing me to slap her arm.

She looked back at me with a pained look before I explained myself. "You don't yell out, hello. You're just alerting the person that we are down here and that they can kill us."

Elena rolled her eyes and reached over to the light switch for the kitchen, flicking it up and down before she realized that it wasn't going to turn on. Now we had to rely on the light of the moon to guide us through this horror movie scene we're in right now. We were silent for a minute, but we both jumped once we heard the TV click on in the living room, causing both of us to walk towards the living room and see what it was playing.

"This is Logan Fell coming to you live from the streets of Mystic Falls with breaking news of another deadly animal attack. The wild animal terrorizing the citizens of Mystic Falls has claimed another victim. Local high school student, Elena Gilbert, was mauled by the animal in front of her sister, Isabella Gilbert. Police are certain that forensic evidence will confirm that this is the same animal responsible for recent attacks," The news anchor started saying, causing Elena and I to have a look of fear crawl across our face.

I grabbed Elena's arm and pulled her closer to me so I could protect her, because this is obviously constructed by Damon. I began looking around me and trying to sense if he is near, but i wasn't able to. I was finally able to pinpoint his location when he finally spoke.

"You know what's coming next," Damon said, causing Elena and I to turn and look at him.

I pulled Elena behind me to protect her from Damon as he gave the two of us a dark look. I began pushing Elena backwards and turned around to pull her behind me towards the front door. When we finally reached it, I pulled it open, only to see Damon standing on the other side of it, causing Elena and I to let out a scream together. I slammed the door back closed before I turned around with Elena to run towards the back door, but Damon was standing at the end of the hallway. Elena began panting loudly and held her head in her hands in fear as I held onto her and tried to find another way out, but when I looked back over at where Damon was standing, he was gone. Elena and I moved from our spot by the front door and I looked up the stairs to see if he was standing up there, but when I did so Damon pushed me away from Elena and shoved his fangs into her neck with a growl as Elena screamed in pain and I screamed in anger for him to stop.