Children of the Damned-Part 3

First Person POV

First Person POV

After trudging through the woods for what felt like hours, but was really 30-45 minutes, we finally came across what looked like an old graveyard. Like really old. We walked through the graves searching for the right one, and stopped when Stefan shined his flashlight on one of them. Upon inspection, I saw that it read Giuseppe Salvatore along the top of it.

"Okay, I'll start setting up," I sighed out, moving to place some torches in the ground and light them on fire.

"Why isn't your father buried in your family's tomb," Elena questioned Stefan curiously.

"It wasn't built until well after he died," Stefan explained as he helped me with the torches.

"Are you sure the grimoire in there with him?"

"As sure as I could be," He answered back as he took a stick from the fire we made and lit his torch on fire before lighting mine as well.

"Great," She sighed out.

"Elena," Stefan started, causing her to look up at him. "Bella and I can do this ourselves."

"And I said I would do whatever I can to help," Elena reassured him before taking one of the shovels from his hands.

"I know, and I appreciate that, but-," Stefan was cut off by Elena.

"This town is my home, Stefan. My friends and family are here. You're here. I don't want that tomb opened anymore than you two do," Elena told him adamantly as she gestured between the two of us.

Stefan sighed and nodded at her before picking up the last shovel on the ground and handing it to me. I gave him a sympathetic smile before I moved next to Elena to start digging the ground up with her. Stefan moved and stood in front of his father's grave. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly before looking towards the ground.

I took a deep breath and looked over at Elena before looking towards my best friend. "I'm sorry that you have to do this."

Stefan looked over at me and gave me a thankful look before beginning to work on the grave. I looked over at Elena and sighed before starting as well, her following shortly after.

******************************************************************************

Third Person POV

Flashback

"What is that," Stefan asked Katherine from her bed, watching her admire the necklace she had in her hands curiously.

"A gift," Katherine told him simply as she help up the amulet that encased an amber crystal in an iron setting.

"From Damon," Stefan questioned her curiously.