Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of my door bell ringing. 6 times, to be exact.

I groaned and rolled out of bed, almost falling down the stairs as the doorbell continuously rang.

I opened the door, extremely annoyed. Justin stood there with a cheesy grin on his face.

"Well, good morning!" He said sarcastically. "The sun is chirping and the birds are shining!"

I just stared at him.

"Get it?" He still had that cheesy smile.

We both laughed as we stood in the doorway.

"Are you high?" I said, still laughing.

"Only excited," he said, walking past me and into my house.

"And why would that be?" I said shutting the door.

"Because," he spun around. "You, are teaching me how to surf today."

My stomach dropped. "Since when?"

"Since about 6 am this morning when I realized how much I wanted to surf today." He smiled widely, and I knew I had no way out of this.

"First off, why were you up at 6?" I crossed my arms.

"Couldn't sleep," he shrugged. "But I'm more awake than ever. So hurry," he motioned for me to go upstairs. "I'll be waiting."

I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs. I put on a bikini and a loose fitted t-shirt. After a bit, I grabbed two surf shirts and went back downstairs.

"Ready?" He stood up and smirked at me.

"Yeah," I sighed.

We walked to the beach and both put our surf shirts on. I walked to a shack that was pretty close to the shop, and grabbed two surfboards.

"So first," I said. "You'll want to stand on it like this." I motioned what to do and he mimicked me. I giggled a little. "Just like that." I said. "You think you're ready for the real thing?"

He nodded. "Oh I'm ready."

I laughed. "Let's go then."

I went into the water first. I loved this feeling. It felt like I hadn't been in the water in forever. I saw a wave, and stood. I turned and rode it perfectly. The wave started to circle on top of me, but I made it out in time.

I swam back and ran onto the beach.

"Your turn," I said his same words from last night.

He went out just like I had told him to. He surfed a wave, and did it perfectly. Almost better than me.

"Have you done this before?" I said once he got back.

"Maybe," he said putting the board down.

"Justin!" I slapped him playfully.

"What?" He grinned.

"I thought I was supposed to teach you."

"You did," he took off his surf shirt.

"But you've done it before," I said, rinsing of my board in the water.

"Yeah, but-" before he could finish I lifted my board out of the water which splashed Justin enormously.

I put my hand over my mouth. "I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean-" I felt his arm snake around my waist as he lifted me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

Realizing what was going on, I tried to stop him as he walked deeper into the water.

"No!" I cried. "Justin!"