Chapter 38

"You are so beautiful," Justin said as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

I was wearing a short, light blue dress that had side cutouts on my ribcage. My long, brown hair was in big curls that went down my back.

Justin had a surprise for me, and wanted me to dress up for tonight. It felt good, to be honest. I remember when my biggest issue in life was when I couldn't figure out what outfit I was wearing to work that day. It felt good to dress up and go somewhere with Justin, just like we did when we first met.

"Thank you," I blushed. "Where are you taking me?"

"You'll see," he said, kissing my lips for longer than usual.

I groaned. I just wanted to know where we were going.

He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, grabbing something from behind his jacket that was laying on the chair. "These are for you," he gave me a bouquet of flowers, not looking me in the eye. "Oh, and they're actually from me this time."

I was in shock, just because Justin didn't seem like he would ever give me something like that, ever.

I was about to say something, but he beat me to it. "C'mon," he chuckled. "Let's go."

He grabbed my hand and led me out to his car, opening the door for me. Thanking him, he jogged over to the other side and revved up the engine.

It was pretty silent the first few minutes we were driving.

"Do you ever think of the future?" Justin said quietly, breaking the silence.

I glanced over at him. "Um, yeah. A lot actually."

"What do you see?"

I smirked. "What do you see?"

"I asked you first," he grinned over at me. "But seriously, what do you see yourself doing?"

I sighed. "I really want to be married by the time I'm 25, if not earlier." I rested my head back on the seat. "I want to get out of here one day. Experience something new," I turned my head in his direction. "What about you?"

He smiled sweetly, kissing the back of my hand. "All I see is you, beautiful."

__________________________

"Again?" I laughed as we walked into the Carolina Cafe.

He shrugged. "This was where our first date was."

I smiled sincerely. "I didn't think you'd remember it that well."

He gave me an incredulous look. "How could I not?" He held open the door for me while I walked in, taking a look around. "There," he pointed, putting his arm around me. "Is where we sat. And over there," he pointed to the bar area. "Is where Morgan almost caught us being out together and you had to hide under the counter."

I laughed really, really loudly. "Oh my gosh," I tried to calm down. "I completely forgot about that."

He chuckled at how hard I was laughing. "And then we came to my place afterwards. Best night of my life."

I sighed, still smiling.

"Justin?"

"That's me," he said to the waiter.

"Alright, I'll take you guys over here."

Justin gently grabbed my hand while we followed the worker, and I still couldn't get the stupid smile off my face. Justin knew exactly what to say in order to make me forget any bad situation.