Chapter 10

I woke up in the same position as last night, the only thing visible was Justin's chest. I smiled to myself, breathing in his scent. Jake and I never had done anything like this, and it makes me wish we had. Justin and I probably had a stronger relationship than Jake and I ever did, which made me kinda sad. Jake was my boyfriend, he should've been there for me.

Justin shifted and sighed, opening his eyes. I looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

"Morning," he smiled widely.

"Morning," I whispered.

"Today's the day," he shifted onto his side, facing me.

"What's today?"

"The day we go home," he sighed.

I groaned. "I don't want to leave."

"Me neither," he said. "You want coffee?"

I widened my eyes and nodded which made him laugh. He got up from the bed and walked across the room, in nothing but sweatpants. He poured two cups as I sat up in the bed.

"Let's sit on the balcony," he smiled a little. "I know you like that."

I put on my sweater and grabbed the cup from his hands, thanking him. We walked out to the balcony outside our room, which made me miss home. My home, anyway. I wouldn't be going back for so long. Or what if I don't go back? What if the police find me at Justin's and I get arrested? I couldn't imagine me in prison.

"If I'm going to help you with this," he started quietly. "I need to know."

"Know what?" We both sat down.

"Why you did it," he sighed. "I can't wrap my head around it."

I let out a deep breath. "When I-" my phone rang.

I apologized and walked back into the room, shutting the door.

"Hello?"

"Jess, the store is being searched." Morgan said, breathing heavy.

"What? Why?" I sat on the corner of the bed.

"They know you're associated with the shop so they got a search warrant. I'm scared."

"Oh my god," I could hear Morgan talking to someone else.

"Stay on the phone, okay? I just have to talk to a policeman."

I nodded despite the fact she couldn't hear me. There was ruffling on the phone for awhile, which made me think of the worst that could be happening. What if they found something? Oh, who are you kidding Jess. You didn't hide the body there or anything.

"They found those holes in the wall," she breathed out.

I felt like dying. "What holes?"

"The night you went out to dinner with Mrs. Banks, I found those holes in the wall and thought they were screw holes. They said that they're bullet holes."

My heart dropped to my stomach.

"Jess, did you know anything about this?"

"I can't talk about this right now," I said as I threw all of my clothes in my suitcase.

"Where are you anyway? God, what's going on?"

"I'm coming home."

"I didn't know you left?"

"No, I'm coming home and settling this. I'm sick of hiding," I zipped the suitcase.

"Well if I knew what was going on-"