Chapter 14

"Justin!"

I walked into the kitchen that I had left momentarily to find spaghetti sauce covering the floor. He laughed a little, running his fingers through his hair.

"What the hell-"

"This is what happens when I try to make things!" He laughed which caused me to laugh back.

I got on my hands and knees to clean it up where he joined me shortly after.

I started to wipe the sauce off the floor when Justin grabbed some in his hand and threw it at me.

I looked at him, appalled. "What is wrong with you today!?"

"Just happy I guess," he started dancing around the kitchen a little, making me giggle.

He cranked up the music just as I finished cleaning the floor. Wow he was hyper.

"You know what we should do?" He still jumped around lightly while working around the kitchen.

"What?"

"Getting out of here," he stirred the pasta. "Like, wouldn't it be so fun to just fly somewhere and take a random vacation?"

"Too bad we can't," I sighed.

"What? Why?" He looked at me concerned.

"Have you lost your mind? I can't leave the house!"

"Oh, yeah, right." He said quietly as I chopped some vegetables across from him, my back facing him.

I felt him stare at me if that were even possible. Suddenly, I felt his arms quickly wrap around me while I put my arms on top of his.

"Just picture it," he said as we both stared at nothing in particular. "We're packing together, getting ready to go to wherever the hell we're going. We wake up and drive to the nearest airport, and get on the plane. I'd have to hold your hand of course, since it would be your first time." I laughed lightly and could feel him smirk against my shoulder. "Then we'd land, and unpack in this little hotel room we'd be sharing. Go off and explore wherever we are. Laugh and smile like never before."

"You're making me sad."

"What? Why?" I could sense the concern in his voice.

"I really want to do those things." I huffed a little, wishing I could just be free to do whatever I want.

"Someday," He said softly in my ear. "I promise."

It made me smile knowing he cared so much. At the same time it made me frown knowing he wanted to do something like that just as much as I wanted to. He released his grip on me and went back to the stove, trying once again to make something eatable.

I felt sick, and it wasn't because I was upset about this whole trip thing. I honestly felt sick to my stomach.

"Ready?" He looked over at me, the food in his hands ready to serve.

I sighed slightly. "Yeah."
___________________________

We sat at the table, no words being spoken. I stared off into space for the fifteenth time today, my mind not leaving me alone.

"You okay?"

My head shot up. "Yeah."

We sat in even further silence while I stared at my food. I didn't even want to eat.

He grabbed my hand lightly while looking into my eyes. "You sure?"

My eyes flicked between him and my lap. "Yeah."