Chapter 18

"Jess!" Morgan called, running over to me and wrapping her arms tightly around me. "We've all missed you so much."

"I've missed you guys too," I sighed while Morgan and I still clung together, swaying slightly. "It's good to be back."

Brooklyn hugged me next, then Amber, then Jamie, then Kelsey. I was so overwhelmed. I haven't seen these girls in so long.

"God Jess," Jamie said, holding me by the shoulders while her squinted brown eyes looked deeply into mine. "You should've just told us. We wouldn't have judged."

I opened my mouth, then closed it shortly after. "I know."

"We need to hang out, just us girls. To catch up and stuff." Kelsey suggested quietly.

Brooklyn's bright blue eyes lit up, bubbling with excitement. "Yes!"

"Where would we go?" I laughed lightly.

Brooklyn turned towards me, smirking. "Well, I have this guy friend-"

"'Guy friend'," Amber scoffed.

"Anyway," Brooklyn sent a glare in her direction. "He's having this party tonight. He's still a senior so there will be a lot of people from his school there."

"Ooh," Kelsey giggled. "A younger boy."

Brooklyn rolled her eyes. "He's hot, who cares."

"Brooklyn!" Jamie screeched, making everyone laugh.

"I'm in." I smiled, wanting to forget about the hell hole my life was for one night.

"Me too," Morgan nudged me, winking.

Jamie slouched, rolling her eyes. "I guess I'll come too."

Kelsey and Amber giggled, agreeing to come also.

Brooklyn smiled widely and clapped her hands. "Okay, now that we got that settled; it's time to open."

We all laughed, forgetting that we actually did come here to work. Brooklyn flipped the closed sign to open while I made my way to the cash register. It felt so good to be back. Not only because I missed the shop, but because I missed these girls. Even before I went into hiding, there was few times when all of the girls worked at once. Today however, everyone was plan free, so we decided to do it like we did when we were younger, and have all of us work today. It was refreshing to be surrounded by people as great as them.

"How about we do this," Kelsey suggested. "Since there's six of us, three can stay out front and three of us can go in the back and unpack boxes."

Morgan walked up, holding a box of hangers. "I vote Brooklyn, Jamie and Jess go unpack while Kelsey, Amber and I take care of things out front."

"Deal," I smiled, making my way past the curtain that separated the two parts of the stores, going into a room that had boxes stacked as high as the ceiling.

"We were kind of lost without you," Jamie laughed lightly, making me smile softly.

I missed everything about this place. This was something I enjoyed, and hopefully would for the rest of my life.

Taking a couple boxes down, I cut one open, taking out the shipped clothes from inside. I was halfway through folding my third shirt when my phone started ringing.

I looked down, the phone being clean and new, considering I had to get a new one after Justin broke mine.

"Hello?" I whispered, stepping out of the room.

"Hey," Justin sighed. "I didn't mean to bug you at work, I just really need to talk to you."

"Is everything okay?" My heart beat accelerated at his words.