Safe and sound

Safe and sound
Taylor Swift

Matthew Gray

"Are you-"

"Yes mom! I'm sure. You can go to work and no, we don't have to see my therapist. I'll be fine. I just took my medicine a couple of minutes ago and I'll call you if there's anything" I tried to assure my mom.

I convinced her to go to work even though I knew she was worried and was debating to make another appointment with my therapist, but somehow I managed to make sure that I would be fine.

She already stayed here for like five days with me to make sure I was okay and I started to feel guilty about it. I'm not a baby anymore, I'm a grown man and I can take care of myself now.

"Are you sure?" She asked for the thousandth time.

"Yes mom!" I yelled at her while grinning.

"Okay honey, I'm leaving. The rest of your medication is on the nightstand so you won't forget to take them and I made some food that's in the fridge. I have my number on speed dial so whenever there's something going on you can call me immediately" She rambled on and I nodded as an answer before she kissed my cheek and left in a hurry.

I sighed and lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling while thinking about this week's events.

Five nights ago was one hell of a night. I took XTC a couple of minutes after I took my antidepressants. Luckily the combination of it didn't have that bad of an influence for me.

I didn't got the effect that XTC would normally give someone and that was caused by the antidepressant. I mostly felt confused and was distracted all the freaking time.

I couldn't remember a lot about what happened that night. Hell, I couldn't even remember taking the drug. I mostly couldn't remember anything whenever I was depressed. I just kept those pills in my bathroom and never thought about throwing them away. I wasn't so sure why.

Thank god that my mother didn't find out, she would have slaughtered me and probably lock me up with her in this house.

It was Tyler who found me half asleep in an alleyway. He made sure that I got home safe and put me in bed without my mom noticing it since he was really careful plus I was asleep when he brought me back.

I haven't heard anything from him yet, but I knew he would lecture me and give me one hell of a speech. Even if he would tell my mom, he would talk to me first about it.

After staying home for so many days I started to get bored and annoyed with pretty much everything. I tried to distract myself as much as I could, but it still wasn't enough to keep me busy all day long.

I got up when I heard the doorbell ring so I made my way towards the front door and opened it. I frowned when I saw someone I didn't expected at all.

"Justin? What the hell are you doing here?" I asked taken aback by surprise.

How the hell did this fucker came here?

"I was worried about you" He told me.

"What?" I asked confused and frowned even deeper, feeling the same familiar and weird feeling coming up against my stomach.

God, I hated this kid.

"I know I've been overreacting and I took my anger out on you. After that day you didn't show up at school for five days straight so I started to get worried about you and I wanted to apologize for how I acted towards you" He rambled really fast which was kind of adorable.

Adorable?

"O-oh, it's fine Justin" I smiled weakly.

Why the hell wasn't I angry at him?! Where was my hatred for him? I hate him! So fucking act like that Matthew!

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Positive" I grinned.

"Wait, but you've never been here. So how did you get my address?" I asked and frowned a bit.

"I broke in into the principals office and searched for your school file" He said as if it was nothing.

"Y-you did what?!" I genuinely laughed out loud for the first time after what seemed for days.

"It was nothing" He shrugged.

A comfortable silence took its place between us and I took that time to look at his beautiful green eyes that still reminded me of the woods, they were really bright right now even though he looked so tired. His straight blonde hair was messy, but I liked it that way. I've never seen his hair like this. And his clothes were way too comfortable and oversized, just how I liked it. I kept staring at him for some reason until he spoke up again.

I couldn't help but actually feel happy with him being here. It shows that he thought about me, but it was still weird that he did so much to be here. Why would he break into the principals office to visit me? He could've get caught and then he was in big trouble, maybe even his future would be ruined by it.

Why did he do that for me? We were each other enemies for as long as I could remember. We hated each other. And we still hate each other.

Then what changed?

"Hey, why were you actually not at school? You aren't looking sick or anything" He asked me.

"I- uh- I had to help my mom with something important" I lied, this was the most stupid and dumb excuse ever.

"For five days?" He asked again which made me nod almost immediately, because I certainly can't lie while I look someone in the eyes.

He looked at me for a while, suspecting something. But thank god he let it drop and smiled at me.

"Do you.. Do you want to come inside?" I suggest him which Justin gladly took.

The rest of the day we were sitting on my bed, talking about what I've done these days and Justin telling me the latest and actually surprisingly shocking gossips that I missed in school.

Even though I've been dealing with a lot of emotions and fears.

Justin made me feel safe and sound at that moment.