Little less lonely together

Lonely together
Avicii x Rita Ora

Matthew Gray

"So, why did you brought me here?" I asked Justin.

We've been swimming together for a couple of minutes, of course with the help of Justin or else I probably would've drowned. It was so fun to do this though even if I was scared to death Justin made sure that he wouldn't let go of me and I actually felt safe in his arms. He tried his hardest to make me feel comfortable, at ease.

His arms reminded me of a safe and familiar place called home.

Now we were fully dressed and walking back towards Justin his car again. I decided that it was finally time to ask him about yesterday, we both know that we couldn't avoid that subject for ever even if we wanted to.

I looked to the side and found Justin looking back at me, but once we actually made eye contact he immediately turned his head away from me.

Was he staring at me?

"You.. You don't remember anything about yesterday, do you?" Justin asked me in a soft yet almost sad way.

"I.. I remember that I couldn't find something anymore so I drank a-and went outside, from then on it's just one big blur.." I said while thinking deeply about the previous day.

I turned my head and looked at how thoughtful his green eyes looked like, as if he didn't know what to say or what to do. But that can't be, can it? He's Justin! He always knows what to do whether it was utterly smart or just really stupid.

My eyes fell on his now dark blonde hair since it was dripping from droplets of water. Blonde strands fell slightly over his forehead and it made him look hella hot yet so cute and beautiful.

He was that boy that everyone should and will be jealous of, if they want to or not. He's that type of boy that looks perfect even though I know that he makes mistakes too and that he does so many things wrong.

But it makes him human and I know that, but I'm wondering if other people know that he's just a human too.

"Yesterday.." He wandered off again and it made me feel slightly scared.

He was acting unlike himself and very serious. I wasn't used to that and I didn't like it when he was like that. It meant that it had to be something very serious to talk about. The tone in his voice changes, but also his posture and the look on his face.

"You.." He stopped and started to frown whilst looking at me. "You worried me.. I know I said it one time before but.. but have you seen yourself Matt? You've been a living mess and yesterday you got so terribly drunk! I don't know what the hell you were thinking, talking about unicorns and shit" He rambled and shook his head.

I felt attacked since he was talking to me as if I was an object yet I knew he was right. I felt more stupid and naive after he said that. I felt utterly embarrassed. Yet somehow I felt like I should defend myself whether I was in the right or wrong.

"What is even the problem in that? And why the heck does it even matter? Yeah so what, everyone gets drunk and talks about stupid things. Why would you even care?" I defended myself, but used a softer tone, than his that was laced with worry, anger and something that I couldn't quite pinpoint.