I miss you

Hey everyone!

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend MissPizzaaa

It is her birthday today so don't forget to congratulate the amazing girl! She did a lot for me and I'll always be thankful for that. Thank you for being here moon.

We love you Nynke, I wish you a lovely day!

I miss you
Clean Bandit x Julia Michaels

Matthew Gray

At first I used to laugh at people who said that love was amazing, cliche and magical. I didn't believe in all that crap and was determined to not fall in love with someone, because that was a waste of time and would only end up in being hurt.

But that was the old me, if you'd ask me if love existed right now..

I would say hell yes.

Rain was my first real love who made me feel how it was to be found in someone's light. He was the first one to give me these extraordinary feelings that I never experienced for anyone before. His touch gave me tingles, his beauty made me breathless and he also had his way to give me sparks. That boy caused me to realize that I was into boys and that I was only lying to myself by using girls; leading them on.

After Rain died, I promised myself not to fall in love with someone else or to love myself for that matter. I convinced myself of how everything was my own fault and how I had to suffer deeply for that.

But then I crossed my dark paths with Justin McCall his bright paths, consuming me with his presence and feels.

He became my second love who made me find my way back to who I was after the darkness found a way into me. Justin gave me assurance, comfort and saving. He gave me the same firework that I missed after my first love and I received the things that I only though Rain was capable of. This forest eyed boy proved me wrong; I was still capable to love and be loved by others.

So when Justin said those three special words; My entire world stopped spinning, my heart bursted and the happy feelings intensified.

"Matt, can we talk?" Someone shook me out of my thoughts.

I looked up in the eyes of Jack, not knowing what I was supposed to say. We weren't exactly on the best terms.

"Sure, go ahead" I gave him a chance and watched him sit in front of me.

"Last time didn't go as how I hoped it to be.. I wanted Ryan to tell about us, but eventually we decided not to, since we didn't want you to react negative. But instead karma got around for hiding it and you walked in on us. I just.. I wanted to say sorry" He sat a bit closer to me and smiled small.

"For everything, I shouldn't have done what I did in the past. I was just so confused about my sexuality and we were hanging out with the wrong people back then. But Ryan made me figure it all out and I couldn't care for the rest anymore. But I do still care about you, you were my best friend and I hope you could accept my apology. I want to fix my wrongs" He gave me a hopeful expression after explaining this further.

"I'd actually be glad to have you back as my best friend. I'm also sorry Jack, I should have been a better best friend and try harder for you" I smiled and gave him a bro hug.

Things may not be the same as they were in the beginning, but I knew I could have two best friends right now. Both of them cared for me as much as I cared for them.

"I'm happy to hear that. How have you been doing man?" He asked me.

And suddenly I spilled the entire story out; explained everything from Rain's death until what happened yesterday and let me tell you, that was a lot.

"Wow.. That must have been a rollercoaster. I wish I was there for you when Rain didn't make it. I bet Rain would be happy for you too right now. I'm glad you are doing so well" He smiled genuine and gave me another hug, making me feel his warm aura that I missed.

"Hey what do I see here? Matt and Jack hugging and without killing each other? What kind of miracle happened here?" Ryan asked as he walked towards us in his usual bubbly mood.

"Nothing, we just made up" I smiled at Ryan, knowing he wanted that and to be honest I also wanted this.

"Really?! I'm so happy you two did that!" He giggled happily which made me feel so much better and relieved.

Who wouldn't want their own lover and best friend to like each other?

"But if you will excuse us" Ryan said to Jack and grabbed my arm. "Matthew and I are leaving. No more boys for today! Just best friends" He stuck his tongue out at Jack.

Jack smirked at him and nodded. "Enjoy you two, I'll see you soon okay?" He told Ryan and kissed his lips before Ryan dragged me away from him.

"Don't you have class?" I asked Ryan.

"I have a free period" He smirked and pulled me further with him.

-

"So how did you and Jack actually happen?" I asked Ryan and took a sip of my drink.

He took me to a cafe and we sat down near the window to talk until we had classes again.

"It's a funny story actually.. Let's just say that phones are a bit useless these days" He giggled, looking lovesick as he was deep in thoughts.

A smile was brought to my face as I saw him looking this happy. Jack brought the best out of him and I wanted nothing more than my best friend to be happy.

"And what about you?" Ryan suddenly asked.

"What about me?" I asked confused.

"How are you doing? Justin told me about your outburst, you cried and I feel so bad that I wasn't there in that moment for you" He bit his lip and watched me with his big brown eyes.

"Don't worry about it Ry, we were in an argument and I wasn't alone. Justin helped me out and I'm okay now" I nodded and drank some more of my coffee.

He watched me in silence for a while as if he didn't want to forget how I looked like.

"You know.. I'm actually glad that you cried, because you forbade it yourself ever since Rain left and you kept all of that in which is hard when someone dies. You needed to let it out, because you were a ticking time bomb Matthew. You needed that outburst. Look at how happy you seem right now, I'm so relieved that you are okay. I know you still need time to recover, but you are doing way better than before. I'm proud of you" He smiled, got off of his seat and hugged me tightly with his small arms.

"I love you, don't you dare to leave me alone" He murmured in my neck.

"I love you too, and I won't.. Because my bipolar disorder and my past doesn't define me"