Stargazing Part II

Stargazing
Kygo featuring Justin Jesso

Matthew Gray

6:53 P.M.

Why wasn't he here yet?

I asked myself as I nervously tapped my feet against the ground. He was three minutes late by now and I wasn't sure what to do or what to think.

Should I call him? Or does that sound too desperate and clingy. God.. It was such a long time ago that we did something together. How did I deal with this stuff back then? And why was I suddenly so damn nervous?

Oh no.. Did he ditched me? He did, didn't he? Would he really do that to me? Doesn't he like me as a friend? Does he hate me? I knew I should've never suggested to do something. He definitely just felt sorry for me.

I was probably just acting all paranoid and impatient. I've been worrying about this for too long. It literally took me an hour to choose what I should wear. I didn't know if he would want me to dress nicely or casually.

I eventually just decided to wear a simple grey sweater and a pair of black jeans. I also left my messy hair the way it always looked like. I didn't want to act like someone I wasn't, I wanted to dress as myself and that's me wearing sweaters all day long. I just hoped that he'd like that.

This meet up felt really different from all the other times that we hung out together. I felt like I had to try and do something more for him. I wasn't sure why it felt like this and why I had been such a nervous wreck.

I looked down at my phone again to see that it was 7:00 P.M by now. I was wondering if he'd actually show up since he was seven minutes too late. I put my phone away and looked up to see him.

He looked.. great..

I immediately shook that thought out of my head.

Ryan and I made eye contact and somehow I felt like I did this before. I was having a deja vu, but I couldn't quite decide from what it was.

His curly dark hair was bouncing up and down with every step he took. It honestly made him look very cute. His brown eyes were twinkling with happiness which instantly made me relax right then and there.

"I'm so sorry that I'm late! My mom was bombarding me with question as to where I would go like this" He giggles and smiled wide at me.

He gestured to himself and had been staring down at him. He wore a black t-shirt and blue jeans. It was casual, but I get why his mom asked that. He never wore dark colors and this was actually the first time that I had seen him like this; he looked truly amazing.

"It's okay, I almost thought you wouldn't show up anymore. You look really good Ry" I smiled genuinely at him.

"R-really?" His big puppy eyes looked up to me with surprise which made me grin. He looks so cute.

"Yes, I've never seen you wear dark colors. It suits you, just like every other color" I told him.

"T-thanks.. You d-don't look bad yourself" He blushed and looks shy towards the ground.

I smiled and guide him to my car before speeding off to the fair that was like twenty minutes away from school. The car ride had been comfortable, there was a clear warm aura between us and I liked that. It was safe with Ryan, it always was safe with him.