You're a firework

Firework
Katy Perry

Matthew Gray

Fireworks are exploding on the background when his soft lips were slowly moving against mine. The kiss felt so delicate and comfortable as if he was afraid to break me. It felt like his lips fitted perfectly on mine, like some sort of puzzle.

My eyes were wide open as he kisses me and I felt his doubt when I didn't kiss him back so that's when I decided to swing my arms around his neck while closing my eyes, kissing him back.

Sparks ignite through my whole body like firework and I couldn't get enough of it. My heart raced against my chest yet I pulled him closer to me and stood on my tiptoes since he was a bit taller than me.

Something inside of me told me to stop, but my heart didn't listen to my head. I kept kissing him back over and over again.

And over and over again.

Then realization hit me so I pushed him away as fast as possible, still panting like crazy from the overwhelming kiss. I stared at him with wide eyes and tried to speak up, but it felt like my throat was being clenched.

A lot of questions were rushing through my mind. Why did he do that? Did he like me? What was that? Why did it feel so good? What are we? Am I being pranked?

Even with Rain, I didn't feel like this. This felt different. With Rain I felt love and care, he was my first love. Justin gave me comfort and safety, but I didn't love him. What did that mean?

Just as I was about to say something, Ryan and Tyler came up to us.

"Hey! We lost you guys. Happy New Year!" Ryan giggled happily and attacked me with a hug.

When he wrapped his small arms around me, I started to fade back to reality and tried to act casually as if the kiss never happened.

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost?" He asked while looking up at me.

Tell me about it..

"Y-yeah I'm fine.." I lied straight to Ryan's face.

I hate lying to him, but how was I supposed to tell him that Justin just kissed me at 12 AM on New Year's Eve? How could I tell him that I kissed someone other than Rain.

Ryan looked at me for a couple of seconds, still suspecting something. Luckily he let it go and didn't say anything about it anymore, because I didn't want to tell him any of this.

This never happened, it was a mistake.

My eyes went up to the sky only to be met with a lots of beautiful firework in different shapes and colors. My ears were filled with the sounds of the fireworks. I didn't see and hear all those things until now, now that Justin wasn't kissing me. He made me forget everything.

I just can't believe Justin just kissed me. It made me angry towards him, how could he just kiss me without my consent? But then again.. I kissed him back and for some reason I.. liked it?

No, no, no, no I did not like it!

"Let's go back home" Tyler said and we walked back towards my house.

The walk was somewhat quiet and almost awkward. It was for Ryan that he's always hyper and talked a lot, or else it would've been painfully silent. I tried to keep my distance from Justin though, because I didn't want to talk to him for a while. I had to sort things out. I don't think I can continue being friends with him.