Forget and Regret // Memory loss Au

So like change of plans, I've decided to wait until the next chapter to write the second installment of Change // Highschool AU

;))

I hope you enjoy this Keef and Lance Klangst 💙❤️

----------//----------

It had been a few months since the Paladins of Voltron had lost the Blue Lions Paladin in a terrible accident caused by Witch Haggar and Emperor Zarkon himself. Princess Allura was able to bond with the blue lion enough to be its new Paladin- and though it had been a long time since Lance disappeared.. the Red Lions paladin still hadn't given up the search to find his friend. Hunk, Pidge, and Shiro tried their best to burry the regret of losing their friend, but whenever Keith went off to look for Lance; they were reminded of their failure to save him that dreadful day.

That day started like any other, the Paladins gathered in the dining hall to enjoy some of Coran's green slime that Hunk just loved so much.. "Alright Paladins, after breakfast Allura asked if we could train. The Galra could come at any minute which means we need to be prepared." Shiro says before stuffing some of the infamous slime into his mouth. "You got it Shiro!" Lance says while giving him a broad smile. Hunk being too busy to answer gives Shiro a thumbs up while Pidge does the same. "What about you Keith?" Lance asks with a sheepish grin as he nudges his friends shoulder. Keith, who was zoned out, looks over at Lance with a death glare. "Yeah I'm fine with training today." Keith says to Shiro as Lance returns the glare to the red Paladin. Shiro laughs a little as everyone soon finishes their Green slime.

Training went on without a hitch as the Paladins formed Voltron with ease. "Paladins of Voltron, this is not a drill- one of Zarkon's ships has just entered the atmosphere!" Allura says in a panic. Coran and Allura had believed the desolate Planet they were taking refuge on was safe from Zarkon, but that wasn't the case at all. Shiro began commanding the Paladins, telling Keith to form the sword- and Pidge to get the shield ready. Lance and Hunk continued to keep the legs steady, ready to guide the giant mechanical defender wherever it had to go. The Galra ships Ion cannon began to charge as the Castle defensives went up. "Use that training for good use Paladins, fight with everything you've got- Coran and I will give you as much cover as we can!" Allura yells into the intercom as the Castle begins shooting down any Galra ships from the fleet. Had the Paladins only known that Zarkon and his Witch Haggar had been on that Galra ship, if they were prepared to go into battle with them- but unfortunately, they weren't.

The battle with the Galra ship went on for what seemed like hours, near the end of the fight Voltron finally gained the upper hand when Keith used the sword to cut off the end of the Ion cannon. When the Ship began to explode from the other damage dealt to it, the Paladins began to rejoice. Not noticing the ship that was flying towards them. When they peered up at the ship, not only had the smaller ship come even closer to them, but something even larger began to emerge. Coran's face appeared on the Paladins screens as he began screaming things like, get out of there- or it's some sort of Teleduc that the Galra created. It was too late by the time whatever Coran was saying registered in the Paladins minds, Voltron was already being torn into pieces by the Galra's version of a Teleduc- the giant portal only being made of quintessence from Haggar.

It felt like seconds, but when the smoke cleared the Teleduc was gone as well as the Galra fleet. Though Voltron was disassembled, the Lions and Paladins were still intact- at least that's what they thought. When Allura and Coran ran out of the castle to congratulate the Paladins for defeating the Galra- they stopped dead in their tracks when one of the Paladins weren't with the others. "Where's Lance?" Pidge asks the group, walking to the lion with everyone else at her side. Keith didn't want to verbally admit it, but he was probably the most worried of Lance's whereabouts. He would've been the first to exit his Lion, with a damn grin on his face, fawning over how good of a job he did to the Princess. When they enter the Lion, the Paladins stop dead in their tracks at the sight of the missing Lance. "Lance, this isn't funny- just come out and fawn over your great job today." Keith says while taking off his helmet, clenching his fists out of nervousness. "Yeah man, we should all celebrate by eating some more of that yummy goo~" Hunk says while slightly drooling. They all wait for a few more seconds, expecting Lance to come out from his supposed hiding place. When the Blue Paladin doesn't come out the other group members leave the Blue Lion to tell Allura and Coran about the situation. Keith crosses his arms over his chest, looking down at his helmet that he holds in his right hand. When he notices a small crack on the front screen he suddenly remembers why Lance never came out from that hiding spot.